The Student Room Group

Appeal ,been withdrawn!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by gjd800
Three times is a lot, even with mitigation in place. That you have taken a resit twice suggests to me that you already had some mitigation considered- is this correct?

Yes they took the Covid period and the remote learning year into consideration which is why the first attempt was note calculated
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Zahwa
Yes they took the Covid period and the remote learning year into consideration which is why the first attempt was note calculated

Have you submitted an appeal based on the mitigating circumstances evidence that you have?

Were the university aware of these circumstances at the time at which they occurred? If not, when did you tell them?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 42
Original post by gjd800
Have you submitted an appeal based on the mitigating circumstances evidence that you have?

Were the university aware of these circumstances at the time at which they occurred? If not, when did you tell them?

According to SU an appeal was not a good idea. They advised me to apply for an additional consideration request. And the reason me failing was severe depression due to my father’s mental illness, I have provided them with all the psychologist/ psychotherapist medical proofs
Reply 43
Original post by Zahwa
According to SU an appeal was not a good idea. They advised me to apply for an additional consideration request. And the reason me failing was severe depression due to my father’s mental illness, I have provided them with all the psychologist/ psychotherapist medical proofs

Has there been an outcome?

Not every university will allow appeals of this type, but some do. It could be that yours does not.

Did you only tell the university of your difficulties after the exam period?
Reply 44
Original post by gjd800
Has there been an outcome?

Not every university will allow appeals of this type, but some do. It could be that yours does not.

Did you only tell the university of your difficulties after the exam period?

Still waiting for their reply,
No the university was not aware about what happened.
The only person I was talking to during my burn out was my psychotherapist.
And as an international student I did not consider letting the university know about what I have been through until the results came out this July where I had to reach to my course leader who has advised me to reach to SU who advised me to apply for an additional consideration
Reply 45
Original post by Zahwa
Still waiting for their reply,
No the university was not aware about what happened.
The only person I was talking to during my burn out was my psychotherapist.
And as an international student I did not consider letting the university know about what I have been through until the results came out this July where I had to reach to my course leader who has advised me to reach to SU who advised me to apply for an additional consideration

OK, this is sort of good news because the decision might still go in your favour.

The big thing here is that you didn't tell them at the time, and you really need to be able to demonstrate to them a compelling reason why that was the case. If this request fails, I suspect that this is the test upon which it does. It is really hard to get retroactive mitigation. But not impossible, so there is hope.

In the meantime, there is not much that you can do but wait, and there is not much anyone can advise except to keep following the procedure. I hope that it comes out in your favour.
Reply 46
Original post by gjd800
OK, this is sort of good news because the decision might still go in your favour.

The big thing here is that you didn't tell them at the time, and you really need to be able to demonstrate to them a compelling reason why that was the case. If this request fails, I suspect that this is the test upon which it does. It is really hard to get retroactive mitigation. But not impossible, so there is hope.

In the meantime, there is not much that you can do but wait, and there is not much anyone can advise except to keep following the procedure. I hope that it comes out in your favour.

Thank you for your positive reply I really appreciate it
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 47
Original post by Zahwa
Hello i am going through similar situation as yours I have failed a module three times and I have been withdrawn from the course I have applied for additional consideration providing them with proofs of my mental health break down and my father’s psychotic illness

Hey zahwa, what course do you do? Has your uni said anything about further consideration even tho you failed 3 times?
Reply 48
Original post by Anonymous
Hey zahwa, what course do you do? Has your uni said anything about further consideration even tho you failed 3 times?

Hi I am doing pharmacy degree
I have applied for an additional consideration waiting for the outcome .
Original post by gjd800
Me neither and I deal with student failures and mitigation claims pretty much every day.

Are some of the claims successful when it is core module?
Reply 50
Original post by Anonymous
Are some of the claims successful when it is core module?

Mitigation stands or falls on its own merit regardless of the status of the course unit, which is to say the course unit status isn't a consideration - if mitigation is shown proven, it will be accepted.

Quick Reply