The Student Room Group

Which partner hospitals and clinics for Adult Nursing?

Trying to find out which hospitals and clinics Queen's University Belfast uses for students on placements on their Adult Nursing degree. I can only find Altnagelvin, which is in Derry. Would Nursing students at Queen's, which is of course in Belfast, really have to travel all the way to Derry each day for a placement; possibly to be there for a 7am shift? What if the student doesn't drive? Thanks.
Original post by markova21
Trying to find out which hospitals and clinics Queen's University Belfast uses for students on placements on their Adult Nursing degree. I can only find Altnagelvin, which is in Derry. Would Nursing students at Queen's, which is of course in Belfast, really have to travel all the way to Derry each day for a placement; possibly to be there for a 7am shift? What if the student doesn't drive? Thanks.

Is there hospital accommodation available at Altnagelvin? It used to be that you could claim for any accommodation expenses through the bursary system if the placement area was far away, I don't know if this is still the case or if it applies in NI. Would be worth asking though.

Quick Reply

Latest