The Student Room Group

geography alevel help

HI
Im in year 12 and this is my fourth week into geography
Do you have any tips or tricks that could help for revision, should I make flashcards or what the best revision method for geography?
im currently studying tectconics and globalisation and will study superpowers and coasts.
geography is my weakest subjects
Original post by kas694
HI
Im in year 12 and this is my fourth week into geography
Do you have any tips or tricks that could help for revision, should I make flashcards or what the best revision method for geography?
im currently studying tectconics and globalisation and will study superpowers and coasts.
geography is my weakest subjects

Hi there!

I am now on my second year of A level geography, and had the same question you have. A-level geography is surprisingly a big step up from GCSE, but that's nothing to worry about if you find the best revision method that works for you.
I found that completing exam questions on the topics you study is really helpful, it gives you good practice for the exam whilst revising at the same time. Additionally, I made case study sheets (a page of information about a place studied, with all the most important facts on to priories what I do and don't need to remember), I found these helpful as you can look at them over and over again without overwhelming you with to many facts that you can never remember. Flashcards can sometimes take a very long time to make however can be helpful with simple facts or diagrams, but not long paragraphs of information.

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending