The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham uni application 2023

Sat my A-levels this year and got A*A*A in Biology, History and Latin (might be A* in Latin as am getting remark being 1 mark off boundary). Reapplying to unis this year for history after not getting where i wanted to go this year and realising I don't want to do law straight away. What are the chances of getting place at durham for ancient and modern history for next year (do they look down on people reapplying or will a place be more certain as I already have the grades).

GCSE grades are (999999888886) + EPQ- A
Original post by Jla244
Sat my A-levels this year and got A*A*A in Biology, History and Latin (might be A* in Latin as am getting remark being 1 mark off boundary). Reapplying to unis this year for history after not getting where i wanted to go this year and realising I don't want to do law straight away. What are the chances of getting place at durham for ancient and modern history for next year (do they look down on people reapplying or will a place be more certain as I already have the grades).

GCSE grades are (999999888886) + EPQ- A

Hiya

Your application will be looked at similarly to those who are sitting their A-levels for the first time. Durham doesn't frown upon resits so don't worry about it at all. It could be beneficial if you do something more in your extra year along with revising for A-levels but don't feel pressured about it. As long as you're comfortable doing something more like learning a new language, picking up a new hobby, reading good books, doing an internship/job, it would be a wise use of the time and look good on your personal statement.

Good luck with your application!

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
(Original post by Durham Students)Hiya

Your application will be looked at similarly to those who are sitting their A-levels for the first time. Durham doesn't frown upon resits so don't worry about it at all. It could be beneficial if you do something more in your extra year along with revising for A-levels but don't feel pressured about it. As long as you're comfortable doing something more like learning a new language, picking up a new hobby, reading good books, doing an internship/job, it would be a wise use of the time and look good on your personal statement.

-Himieka

I haven't resat my A-levels these are what I got first time round this year, am just reapplying for a different course this year and since others are only applying with predicted will I be more secure as I already have my results which are higher than the requirement?
Original post by Jla244
(Original post by Durham Students)Hiya

-Himieka

I haven't resat my A-levels these are what I got first time round this year, am just reapplying for a different course this year and since others are only applying with predicted will I be more secure as I already have my results which are higher than the requirement?

Hi

There's no guarantee about it. If they want to offer you a place, you'll get an unconditional offer and that's basically the only difference. You might get an offer early as compared to other applicants since you already have your grades but again, there's no guarantee.

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending