Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

Well today I recieved the result back of my Economics test on Supply & Demand and Elasticity which I did about 3weeks ago. This was a time when I wasen't reading through my notes or reading into my subjects etc,which now I am .

Even though I missed out a 12mark question because I ran out of time and I didn't revise for the exam because I wasen't bothered about it at the time. I was devestated today when I only got 40% which was an E ! The test was made up of past-paper questions on Supply&Demand and Elasticity. Which annoyed me more was that I am aiming for A/B in Economics and I am not going to get it at this rate!

Also this Boy got a "B" in his test and the teacher said "don't worry folks,we will be going through exam techniques and how to answer a question effiecienty enough for A/B" and then she said "So I hope your all happy with your grades,don't worry if you did bad than you expected because it was your first exam and theres still time to improve" then that Boy put his hand-up and said "Im not happy with my grade Miss,I only got a B,when I wanted an A!". That really annoyed me and made me feel retarded/dumb because hes complaining when he got a "B" and I got an "E"! Alot of students get D,E,U mainly with the highest being that boy with a "B"!

So now im trying to motivate myself to stop feeling dumb/retarded compared to that boy who thinks hes a Mr.KnowItAll & really big headed! He just annoys me!!

Any advice on how to take him apart in the next test we have? or stop feeling down and get my head-up and outrun him in class! To make him feel like how I do?!

Please post relevent advice/comments below!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I did badly on the first Economics tests I did, it's a completely new subject and new exams. Just make sure you work out what let you down and perfect it. Ignore the know-it-all (he clearly doesn't!) and focus on your target.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be jealous because someone is better than you. That's just pathetic. Spurring yourself on to beat them, however, is fantastic :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    Economics is hard. Elasticities is easy compared with what you do after that!

ReputationRep:
    You said you didn't care at the time, you didn't really revise and you didn't finish the paper...how can you complain about not doing so well and others did better than you?

I understand that it is difficult not doing so well in your first test, but if you weren't bothered you can't expect much! However, now you know what it feels like and if you want that A or B then you know you have to work for it Understand the material, revise and look at the exam technique...you should be able to do it

ReputationRep:
    You didn't revise for the exam, missed out a 12 mark question, and then were annoyed when you got an E?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v1oXx-)
    Economics is hard. Elasticities is easy compared with what you do after that!
    I get it all now Lol, seeming has we have done all 4Elasticities and questions on them, it was just at the time it was new to me etc and I didnt revise for my test, We have almost finished Unit1 of OCR AS-level Economics now! I just want to take this guy down and show him whos boss!

ReputationRep:
    The other guy who got the "B" was like i didn't revise or nothing and all this crap he was saying! I was like WTH!

ReputationRep:
    Use a sniper.

ReputationRep:
    You take his word for it when he says he didn't revise? Well he either is good at the subject, which is something you have to accept - people will be better than you, or he's lying and he did revise.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Stop comparing yourself to other people, for a start. Just work hard in class, read over notes at home and make more notes. You should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it.
    If you know more now, ask her for the test and do it again.
    I'm doing OCR Economics too :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_cane)
    You take his word for it when he says he didn't revise? Well he either is good at the subject, which is something you have to accept - people will be better than you, or he's lying and he did revise.
    Naa I don't thinks hes good at the subject, he just doesn't seem like it because when we started the course I was actually better than him and then some how he just knows everything on this exam. His mates was saying he revises every night, so I have to find an effective way to become top in the class again!

Do you not think if you have competition, it makes you work harder?!

ReputationRep:
    Just revise really hard for the upcoming test then do what he does :P

ReputationRep:
    You should really be trying to improve your grades for yourself... not to outdo another person, because jealousy is wrong and trust me, it will come back to haunt. (That is not personal experience).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    I did badly on the first Economics tests I did, it's a completely new subject and new exams. Just make sure you work out what let you down and perfect it. Ignore the know-it-all (he clearly doesn't!) and focus on your target.
    :eek: Phil would not be proud

:p: I got a C on my last essay though, so that means nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    :eek: Phil would not be proud

:p: I got a C on my last essay though, so that means nothing
    I have Emma :no: bad times... Phil was much better.

Going on the trip in February, can't wait!

OP, extend your background reading...The Undercover Economist was like a light-bulb moment for me.

ReputationRep:
    these are poop classroom tests, they mean naff all. Just practise the techniques and you will never go wrong. Always define keywords, use the text and articles, always expand on what you said, use words such as, this means ..., this is because, however, on balance

then you will be sucess not epic fail

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I got a D in my first test at AS and made a similar thread Come August 14th I got an A, so just work and you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! Ive started to read and write my notes and memorise key points. Then when I feel ready I will just do past-papers and past exam questions !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 15, 2008

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.