Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Ministerdonut)
    Apparently the fifteen yr old girl (girlfriend to one of the sadists) explained she had to go outside for a cigarrette when they were removing his fingernails because she could not stand the screaming.

It's unbelievable .
    Really? . . :shock: . . .

ReputationRep:
    Perfect case of how so called professionals let things like this slip because they are not fully focused on their job and roles. Police are the same with a recent case where 2 boys got killed by their mom.

RIP Baby P. Nobody deserves death, and a baby is helpless. Sick parents.

ReputationRep:
    How many threads have we had on this now? And perhaps more to the point, how many do we need? This is like ... a week old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cascadingstylez)
    Perfect case of how so called professionals let things like this slip because they are not fully focused on their job and roles.
    Is that based on any fact?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't they smother chocolate over his face to hide some of the cuts when the social came?

ReputationRep:
    Poor little boy , so horribly failed by social services. I have read today that his mother has recently given birth again and is fighting to get the new baby back from care. I am deeply shocked that she should have been allowed to get pregnant again!!!.She should have been forcibly sterilised after what happened. I cried my heart out when I read about the horrific injuries sustained by baby P, I have children of my own and I really cannot see how the mother would let her boyfriend and his paedophile friend carry out such awful things to her son. I would kill anyone that tried to hurt either of my kids. It makes me wonder what the neighbours or people in the local community were doing while all of this was going on?. Couldnt the neighbours hear the screams from the child, didnt anyone notice anything out of the ordinary about the child?. Having said that though, even the so called professionals didnt notice what was really going on.

Looking at his picture in the newspaper makes me so very sad, he was a beautiful child until those b******s got their hands on him. Hes at peace now with the angels. RIP.

ReputationRep:
    I was listening on the news earlier and heard them talking about Baby P. For a moment I was thinking 'Yes, it's wet, disgusting and surprisingly multi-coloured.'

Then I realised.

It's all very depraved. How can anyone be sexually attracted to a baby? And is the attraction from the desire to inflict pain or to be 'intimate?'

I don't really understand some people. There are some real sickos out there. To an extent you can justify a lot of crimes but this one's a cold, heartless affair that ended horribly.

There are so many people who are culpable that it's unreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeatForest)
    I was listening on the news earlier and heard them talking about Baby P. For a moment I was thinking 'Yes, it's wet, disgusting and surprisingly multi-coloured.'

Then I realised.

It's all very depraved. How can anyone be sexually attracted to a baby? And is the attraction from the desire to inflict pain or to be 'intimate?'

I don't really understand some people. There are some real sickos out there. To an extent you can justify a lot of crimes but this one's a cold, heartless affair that ended horribly.

There are so many people who are culpable that it's unreal.

Yep - even some of the worlds most dangerous thiefs draw the line at children thats how sickening it is

ReputationRep:
    Makes me sick... I'm not one to cry, but I couldn't hold back a tear when I saw the photo of Baby P this morning...

I wish I could have a photo of his mother and her boyfriend, so I could get to work with finding them and killing them in the most painful way possible...

I was thinking of jabbing at their faces with a spoon till they died...

ReputationRep:
    these people are obviously not completely sane. to be able to do something like that you have to be deranged in some way or other, and of course its horrific.
    however we need to be caeful in what we accuse the social services of. he should have been taken into care, this was a mistake, but we still need to keep as many children as possible with their real parents. taking children into care is a last resort, given the harm it can, and much of the time does, do to their lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Couldnt the neighbours hear the screams from the child, didnt anyone notice anything out of the ordinary about the child?. Having said that though, even the so called professionals didnt notice what was really going on.
    Children scream all the time, especially poor ones, it's the theme tune to council estates. The so called professionals did notice, the mother was arrested at least twice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Children scream all the time, especially poor ones, it's the theme tune to council estates. The so called professionals did notice, the mother was arrested at least twice...
    I know kids scream all the time, my own are really good at it, but there is a difference between a playful scream and a hurt scream. If the mother was arrested twice, why on earth was baby P allowed to go back home!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I know kids scream all the time, my own are really good at it, but there is a difference between a playful scream and a hurt scream.
    I know, but kids in poor families aren't always all that playful.

If the mother was arrested twice, why on earth was baby P allowed to go back home!.
    Who knows? I understand it was a management decision (based on factors like the risk, the cost, the legal risk, etc.) rather than one made by the front line professionals.

ReputationRep:
    Its a shame that the management decision cost a little boy his life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Who knows? I understand it was a management decision (based on factors like the risk, the cost, the legal risk, etc.) rather than one made by the front line professionals.
    What about the paediatrician who failed to diagnose a broken back? I mean, I think that's pretty fundamental?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junglemonkey)
    What about the paediatrician who failed to diagnose a broken back? I mean, I think that's pretty fundamental?
    Also pretty hard to diagnose...

Anyway, didn't he report it as NAI anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Also pretty hard to diagnose...

Anyway, didn't he report it as NAI anyway?
    He didn't even recognise it so it wouldn't have been reported as NAI?

The toddler had eight fractured ribs and a broken back that would have paralysed his legs, said Sally O'Neill, for the prosecution. The child was on the at-risk register and was seen by doctors, police and social workers before he died on 3 August 2007. His mother, 27, and her 32-year-old boyfriend, who cannot be named for legal reasons, and Jason Owen, 36, of Bromley, Kent, deny murder.

Experts thought the child would have been in pain and unable to move his lower limbs, Ms O'Neill said, adding: "This would have been evidenced at the very least by floppiness and could not fail to have been observed by a competent doctor."
    From the Independent. Apparently he didn't take time with him because he was "cranky" lol!

ReputationRep:
    He didn't even recognise it so it wouldn't have been reported as NAI?
    Sorry, I understood, he reported the child as ?NAI.

From the Independent. Apparently he didn't take time with him because he was "cranky" lol!
    Oh my god! That's so uncommon! Never happens! How could he! Etc, etc....
    How much paeds have you done exactly?

What's your accusation and is it going to stand up infront of the GMC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Sorry, I understood, he reported the child as ?NAI.

Oh my god! That's so uncommon! Never happens! How could he! Etc, etc....
    How much paeds have you done exactly?

What's your accusation and is it going to stand up infront of the GMC?
    Erm. I've been treating children for 2 years. I don't get why that's relevant :confused: I do know that a cranky child, who is probably cranky because he's being abused or is in severe pain, isn't enough reason to put off a suspected NAI examination? Particularly if he's already marked as being at risk. But that's just common sense, really.

She is currently banned from treating unsupervised and is facing disciplinary action from the GMC.

ReputationRep:
    She is currently banned from treating unsupervised and is facing disciplinary action from the GMC.
    ******* what? What a pile of ****?

"Expert medical opinion commissioned during the course of this serious case review concluded that a diagnosis of abuse should have been made at that point." 9 months after the mother is first arrested, who writes this ****?

A cranky child is a good reason to put off an exam, especially a routine CDC one.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.