Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    ******* what? What a pile of ****?

"Expert medical opinion commissioned during the course of this serious case review concluded that a diagnosis of abuse should have been made at that point." 9 months after the mother is first arrested, who writes this ****?

A cranky child is a good reason to put off an exam, especially a routine CDC one.
    Even if they're marked at risk, have a history of frequent trips to A&E with convenient excuses and got tonnes of bruises?

What's a CDC exam? :confused: I'm just a lowly dentist:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junglemonkey)
    Even if they're marked at risk, have a history of frequent trips to A&E with convenient excuses and got tonnes of bruises?

What's a CDC exam? :confused: I'm just a lowly dentist:p:
    Child Development Check.

I'm not au fait with how the PCT do their admin, but was the paediatrician familiar with the history?

Hindsight is wonderful and I'm sure we can all think of adverse incidents where we should have or could have done another investigation, been a bit more thorough or just thought of something else. You know as well as I do that unless there was something that suggested to the paediatrician that they would be the last person to see the child there's not much that couldn't be put off until the next appointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apollinariya)
    Er, you don't have to read the threads, do you? Stop whinging.
    I'm not whinging, I'm just pointing out that it's completely unneccesary. Besides, isn't the entire tone of this topic supposed to be whinging about a subject which doesn't directly affect any of the posters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apollinariya)
    Yeah, and by whining about something which is undeniably a hot topic of discussion at the moment, you're just as bad as them. Just ignore the threads, and one by one they'll disappear off the page.
    Im going to start ignoring them from now on, it just amuses me sometimes how TSR gets so fired up over sensationalist news .... everyone plays so predictably into the hands of the media that it's almost hilarious for a cynic like myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Im going to start ignoring them from now on, it just amuses me sometimes how TSR gets so fired up over sensationalist news .... everyone plays so predictably into the hands of the media that it's almost hilarious for a cynic like myself.
    Amusing, and a little scary to watch isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    agreed! In fact the whole 'Baby P' thing is a little cringeworthy to be frank. Sounds harsh i expect but that's how i see it. It's a child that has been horrificly abused yes. But it's a one off case and the papers will keep putting the babies face on front covers to make money until none of you really care anymore and then they'll look for the next one off story that'll make you all sad until your favourite tv programme comes on.
    Didn't take someone long to make a facebook page i see. Everyone seems horrified at the abuse and they all then comment about the abusers with, 'put a rope round the neck till thay edd cums off basteds' or 'THEY SHOULD BE VERY VERY VERY SLOWLY TORTURED AND THEN HUNG VERY SLOWLY.' just crazy imo.

ReputationRep:
    Heads definitely need to roll at Haringey council. A LOT of heads, including criminal charges brought for negligence of course, it is not enough for people to simply lose their jobs in this case..

does the London Mayor have any kind of jurisidction over these councils and their social services departments?

ReputationRep:
    After reading excessive amounts about Baby P on Google and watching various postings on YouTube, I am extremely upset and have shed a tear or two about the situation. This kind of behaviour from the mother, her boyfriend, his friend and his girlfriend is by no means acceptable on any level. I am shocked that there are people in our society who feel they have the need to committ such a terrible crime! I am appauled. At the age of 17, ironically, I am currently applying to do a social work degree and reading about those social workers involved has really fascinated me in wondering whether they were doing their job efficiently or not. However, I do empathsise with them greatly at this moment in time as they are bound to feel terrible.
    All that's left to say is, RIP Baby P, you are now in the best place for you little one.

ReputationRep:
    I went to work on saturday, I was so affected by baby P I told my mom that I didn’t want to go because I knew I couldn’t handle seeing other kids (I work on baby department) and when I got there all these parents with their kids came in buying them toys and new clothes for xmas. I saw a man with his baby, he was so attentive and loving, talking to the baby lol and just been a really really good parent. Then I thought of baby P and all the love and embrace he missed out on and all the pain he had to endure!  I broke down in tears...and thought to myself baby P deserved so much goodness. I will never ever understand those psychopaths! I feel so disillusioned by our society. IT’S CORRUPT like the state of Denmark.

look at how beautiful and innnocent he looks, with lovely blue innocent eyes!
    RIP BABY P

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's bloody horrible and sick, but ffs how many African kids die daily, and nobody gives a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfectly_Imperfect)
    Yes, it's bloody horrible and sick, but ffs how many African kids die daily, and nobody gives a ****.
    Very true, but the kids in Africa arent on the social services " at risk " register are they?. Its not their parents that are starving them, beating them and generally abusing them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neurotripsy)
    What really took the cake for me was when his mother was laughing in court as they read out a list of his injuries. How much more twisted can you get?
    Are you ******* serious? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused. I was watching the news the other day and they said they use Baby P for legal reasons and I assumed they couldn't use his name because he was young or something but the next story was of the black toddler and baby who had been killed and they used their names. So why can't they use Baby P's real name? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    its probably by request of the people who did it to him, that or the social.

court order and all that

ReputationRep:
    This may be a one off thing but it's absolutely disgusting, I don't know how some people on here can say 'so what' or go on about how the media want people to be affected..Of course people are going to be affected! :confused:

I was reading about it in the paper today and I was almost crying whilst reading it. I don't understand how anybody can be that sick to do anything like that. It's absolutely disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the public sectors are providing services any more pritty much just meeting targets you can see it with the police as well.

It's crazy you hear lots of stories about families that actually care about there children being threatened by social services for really minor offences then you hear about hurendous cases like this where social services completely fail to do anything.

I mean it wasn't long ago when that young baby girl was killed as well not to mention those to young toddlers recently killed as well.

I don't think it's because the staff that work in these sectors don't care rather the system implements stupid restrictions that prevent them from doing their job like filling in lots of paperwork so the goverment can look good by saying they are reaching targets etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erik.)
    Heads definitely need to roll at Haringey council. A LOT of heads, including criminal charges brought for negligence of course, it is not enough for people to simply lose their jobs in this case..

does the London Mayor have any kind of jurisidction over these councils and their social services departments?
    A lot of people will agree with your sentiments.

But do you know of all the facts of the case? It's very easy to play the blame game blindly.

As people are innocent until proven guilty, please present your evidence to justify why the workers should be charged with and convicted of criminal offences.

Who should be charged?

What should they be charged with?

What facts do you know of that proves they are guilty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    This may be a one off thing but it's absolutely disgusting, I don't know how some people on here can say 'so what' or go on about how the media want people to be affected..Of course people are going to be affected! :confused:

I was reading about it in the paper today and I was almost crying whilst reading it. I don't understand how anybody can be that sick to do anything like that. It's absolutely disgusting.
    Just watched the panorama programme on this and apparently 1 child every week dies in the uk from neglect and cruelty. It seems sadly ironic that no-one seemed to love him whilst he was alive yet everyone seems so touch by his story now.

ReputationRep:
    and yet no one crys for all the terminated children.

LOL how amusing

ReputationRep:
    I know bad things happen to hundreds of people every second of the day, but with this all over the news, I just wondered if anyone feels like this is proof there's not a god/s?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.