Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    With all the bad things in the world, it makes you think eh?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    God gave us freewill. The people who abused Baby P like that willingly committed the act.

ReputationRep:
    it just prooves that there are actualy hateful evil people out there who could do that to a baby
    it says nothing about god people have freewill

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't anyone think the media havn't focused enough on the scumbag who abused the baby, rather than the social services mistakes. But yes, I agree with your point.

ReputationRep:
    the question im asking is why would a god allow that to happen to such a defenseless, innocent baby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    God gave us freewill. The people who abused Baby P like that willingly committed the act.
    If God gave us free will how is he all powerful, as most theists believe?

ReputationRep:
    if god was benevolent, he sure isnt now (most likely there isnt one)

i cannot believe all these people say freewill- if god can let the damn evil like this occur to a baby then he couldnt be benevolent at the same time

ReputationRep:
    What I hate is this issue being used and extrapolated to these kind of questions (no offence to OP btw ), yes these are important questions but why must an atrocity like this be used by the media and people to further their own ideals? Am I the only one in this entire world that finds that nauseating?

Again, absolutely no offence to OP as your post was not a directive but rather a question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1991)
    Doesn't anyone think the media havn't focused enough on the scumbag who abused the baby, rather than the social services mistakes. But yes, I agree with your point.
    It may be because they can't focus enough on them as they don't have enough details due to court restrictions about the individual people who killed him. The social services however can be reprimanded freely it seems (not that i don't think they shouldn't be).

ReputationRep:
    If God is all-powerful, He has the ability to remove free-will, but has chosen not to.

ReputationRep:
    I agree; it's all God's fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    If God is all-powerful, He has the ability to remove free-will, but has chosen not to.
    Well as he has the power to remove it, and free will leads to evil and suffering, how is he benevolent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    that is the biggest load of **** ever. people are evil. there is no god. you'll die and rot eventually as will everyone. get over it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't have a total firm belief in God; I just believe that, if God exists, then we have freewill and we can do what we like, with no higher power (ie. God) to intervene.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Laith)
    that is the biggest load of **** ever. people are evil. there is no god. you'll die and rot eventually as will everyone. get over it.
    What if we want to be cremated? We're not going to rot then...

ReputationRep:
    rot is generic :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Well as he has the power to remove it, and free will leads to evil and suffering, how is he benevolent?
    the christian god im assuming your referring to is not benevolant in the slightest he is at best lazy who doesnt care about the race he "created" at worst hes a sick cruel git getting his rocks off to things like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I don't have a total firm belief in God; I just believe that, if God exists, then we have freewill and we can do what we like, with no higher power (ie. God) to intervene.
    There may well be a God, it's impossible to disprove, but it is definately not this fairy tale god people like Catholics (I am technically a Catholic) believe in.

ReputationRep:
    a benevolent God keeps constant control over the people He's created? I'd call that a totalitarian God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laith)
    who said I believed in God?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.