Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1991)
    You havn't answered the question, what if what god 'knew' was to happen, didn't happen?
    I did answer the question. I answered with "you're not getting the idea of an atemporal God". God exists outside linear time - He sees everything that ever will happen, as it did happen. Thus, the idea of Him seeing a "wrong" future, is really a moot point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    I did answer the question. I answered with "you're not getting the idea of an atemporal God". God exists outside linear time - He sees everything that ever will happen, as it did happen. Thus, the idea of Him seeing a "wrong" future, is really a moot point.
    If god knows what will happen, and can change it, we do not have free will. If he doesn't change it, but can, he is allowing evil to happen. If he can't change it, he is not all powerful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1991)
    If god knows what will happen, and can change it, we do not have free will. If he doesn't change it, but can, he is allowing evil to happen. If he can't change it, he is not all powerful.
    I'm not going to try and explain atemporality to you again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    I'm not going to try and explain atemporality to you again.
    There's no point, its all a bit to sci-fi for me to be honest.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.