Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My face skin is sooo dry! I've tried moisturisers, butter cream, facial scrub - nothing's helped! So i persuaded my mum to get my Clinique thingy. There's that facial soap kind of thing, tonic and a moisturiser. Cos u know how they say clinique is sooo good. And i've tried it before, but just the tonic - it really is great! But even the whole combination (for my type of skin!) doesn't help. The worst is when i try apply foundation - u can see white bits, like flakes in my forehead and nose. So i try to avoid applying it there It's just so gross! Any advice? Please? :o:

ReputationRep:
    Nutrogena Nourishing Body Emulsion is pretty good for dry skin, as its supposed to provide immediate relief and its not to sticky or tacky either.

If you are having major problems it might be worth going to see your GP though as they will be able to sort you out with slightly stronger creams for dermatological problems.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, cool, didn't think of that :y: tnx a lot

ReputationRep:
    My brother has eczema and gets this massive tub of moisturising cream from the chemist. I think he has it on prescription but I'm sure you can get similar ones that aren't. I sometimes get dry skin on my nose and forehead so I use that and it works wonders. It's not fancy-looking and it isn't scented nicely but it works. So I'd suggest just asking at a pharmacy or something, or your GP like someone else said. I also like plain old E45 cream.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dhcuk.co.uk/display/goods..._code=10101004

try this... its an oil... but id doesn't make your skin really greasy. it soaks in quite well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vickyy)
    My brother has eczema and gets this massive tub of moisturising cream from the chemist. I think he has it on prescription but I'm sure you can get similar ones that aren't. I sometimes get dry skin on my nose and forehead so I use that and it works wonders. It's not fancy-looking and it isn't scented nicely but it works. So I'd suggest just asking at a pharmacy or something, or your GP like someone else said. I also like plain old E45 cream.

is it aqueous cream your brother gets... that stuff it pretty good

ReputationRep:
    Do you use soap? I can sometimes get dry skin on my cheeks/around my nose and the best thing I find for it is to buy either a sensitive soap, or some Simple facial cleansing foam (which I use). Then I have Simple light moisturiser for the daytime (tis a really good base for make up) and then a really quite rich fcuk moisturiser to slap on after a shower/bath. Oh and I use a Simple moisturising face mask once a week.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.