Turn on thread page Beta

Family say I don't eat enough watch

ReputationRep:
    My parents and some other relatives say that I never eat enough its been going on for years. We went out for a meal last week and my aunt asked if I wanted some more rice and omelette (that egg stuff whatever its called) and I said no and she said 'oh come on whats up theres nothing on you' and I said Im full then my parents went on and on about how I don't eat properly, I eat when Im hungry! Friends don't say anything its just my family but Im 5 foot and 7 1/2 stone thats not exactly food deprived is it?? Im not as skinny as some and I think I have a better body than some girls I see if I wasn't eating propely surely I wouldn't be able to jog and exersise which I do a lot of. They are always making comments does anyone else's family here have to put up with this, people telling you to put on or lose weight?

ReputationRep:
    You sound like me (In fact you weigh more!), my friends always say I don't eat enough but I feel sick if I force myself to eat, my stomach's quite small.

ReputationRep:
    My family tells me to put on weight. I'm about the same as you, 5'1 and 7 and 1/2 stone/48kg-ish. But I'm always like this no matter what I eat. Maybe eat a bit more and show them it's not just because you're starving yourself? If you want! Or just ignore them like I do :yep: What age are you? Really meaning does it matter? It'd annoy me if I was at home and had to listen to it every day but at uni no-one comments much anyway. As long as you're not starving yourself and don't think 7.5 stone is fat then you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    If you're a healthy weight, then just ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprockette)
    My family tells me to put on weight. I'm about the same as you, 5'1 and 7 and 1/2 stone/48kg-ish. But I'm always like this no matter what I eat. Maybe eat a bit more and show them it's not just because you're starving yourself? If you want! Or just ignore them like I do :yep: What age are you? Really meaning does it matter? It'd annoy me if I was at home and had to listen to it every day but at uni no-one comments much anyway. As long as you're not starving yourself and don't think 7.5 stone is fat then you're fine.
    Im 22, last year I was 6 and 1/2 stone I admit but I didn't exersise at all, since I started exersising I went up a stone so Im guessing its muscle? Anyway yea no one else bothers just my family for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicmint)
    My parents and some other relatives say that I never eat enough its been going on for years. We went out for a meal last week and my aunt asked if I wanted some more rice and omelette (that egg stuff whatever its called) and I said no and she said 'oh come on whats up theres nothing on you' and I said Im full then my parents went on and on about how I don't eat properly, I eat when Im hungry! Friends don't say anything its just my family but Im 5 foot and 7 1/2 stone thats not exactly food deprived is it?? Im not as skinny as some and I think I have a better body than some girls I see if I wasn't eating propely surely I wouldn't be able to jog and exersise which I do a lot of. They are always making comments does anyone else's family here have to put up with this, people telling you to put on or lose weight?
    OMG! My family are the same! I have a reputation in my family for not eating, the moment I speak to my aunt she wants to know if I've eating. It drives me mad! I do eat! My friends know how much I eat but I hardly ever eat at home so my mum doesn't believe me when I tell her I've eaten! My mum is constantly telling me how disgustingly skinny I am which gave me a complex for ages about looking anorexic and being scared to wear shorts and stuff because my legs look like twigs. Grr! I'm the thin side of 'normal'
    (according to my doctor) so I don't understand the fuss. I would like to put on weight but I can't. I just ignore them and eat when I'm hungry ,though tbh in my case the moaning probably is justified as I sometimes forget to eat.
    Lol rant over!
    And yeah I'm 5 ft 3 (or something) and I weigh 7st something (I honestly have no idea how much I weigh prescisley, it was 7st something last week!)
    Anyway OP, I feel your pain! It sucks! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    My family are always *****ing at me for some reason, I just ignore them because I'm my own person.

ReputationRep:
    phew
    i thought i was the only one
    whenever i go out to eat with extended family or eat with family or get ill in any capcity at all theygo on about how i dont eat. I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not completely sure how much i weigh but im about 5'7" and skinny but my legs arent twigs and you cant see my ribs or anything
    god family are annoying sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I keep getting nagged about my weight as well. My mum even dragged me to the doctors when I went home last lol. Don't know what that was all about. But I just ignore comments from people being 'concerned' over something that isn't even wrong in the first place. I don't see why it bothers them so much. They're just bored I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Your weight is healthy, don't see why they're making a fuss.

My parents always complain about me not being able to gain weight though, I have a rapid metabolism

ReputationRep:
    I realise it's annoying, but I do think everyone here is being a bit unfair on their families. They're only doing it because they're concerned... something like 1 in 4 women suffers from an eating disorder at some point in their lives (sourced from some trashy teen magazine XD) so families are bound to be concerned. As someone who has gone through this (thankfully in a fairly mild form, but still not particularly pleasant) I do think it's important that families keep an eye on their kids, to watch for warning signs.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean but it is usually is that i have had simething fatty beforehand...

ReputationRep:
    Euuurgh I have this issue too. It drives me insane. I can't wait until uni: total freedom and no more negative comments from my family. I'm 5'10 and quite slender and unfortunately have that stupid 'pigeon chest' bone structure due to my mum's horrible genes (ohh my body hosts some excellent collar bones I can tell you!)
    Bad times.
    The funny thing is that I eat so, so much. Especially chocolate; chocolate is my vice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.