The Student Room Group

Student Finance Funding Eligibility

I am very confused myself and I am looking for a definite answer before I make a big decision of my future career. So, I have wasted 3 different years at 3 different universities, I did not have the right mind for it and picked any course without any BTEC or A Level qualification as I was afraid of going back to college at the age of 22. I have overcome this negative mindset of being too old to go back to college to gain the right qualifications needed to study at a good university which offer the course I actually want to do which is Social Work. As I have already wasted 3 years of funding and I have not yet completed a degree. Will Social Work which is a health-based course qualify for funding and will I also receive a maintenance loan for the 3 years that the course will run for. It is an undergraduate course. I am currently studying an access to Higher Education course in college.
In order to check your eligibility for the Maintenance Loan funding, please confirm the following:
-I am 22 turning 23 in February 2023
- British Citizen living in the UK since birth
Original post by fawj
I am very confused myself and I am looking for a definite answer before I make a big decision of my future career. So, I have wasted 3 different years at 3 different universities, I did not have the right mind for it and picked any course without any BTEC or A Level qualification as I was afraid of going back to college at the age of 22. I have overcome this negative mindset of being too old to go back to college to gain the right qualifications needed to study at a good university which offer the course I actually want to do which is Social Work. As I have already wasted 3 years of funding and I have not yet completed a degree. Will Social Work which is a health-based course qualify for funding and will I also receive a maintenance loan for the 3 years that the course will run for. It is an undergraduate course. I am currently studying an access to Higher Education course in college.
In order to check your eligibility for the Maintenance Loan funding, please confirm the following:
-I am 22 turning 23 in February 2023
- British Citizen living in the UK since birth

I have answered your query on your other post. Please refrain from posting multiple messages with regards to the same query as this delays our ability to respond quickly. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending