OCR GCSE English-Poems from Different Cultures (: Watch

lola1993
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Heya,

I'm answering a question from a past paper and I'm not sure what poem I should use for this question:

Compare the ways people are presented in ‘Vultures’ with the ways people are
presented in one other poem.

I've only learnt 'Nothing Changed' and 'Scangers in a Truck' so I need to use one of these I guess. Which one would you choose and what's the theme that links the two poems?

Thanks everyone (:
Vickyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did this question as a practise question in year 11 and I LOVED 'Vultures'. I compared it with "Two Scavengers", I think I've still got it.

Ok found it.
"...This imbalance of character is the main theme in both poems, as they each present a contrast which influences the reader to challenge the nature of the human race."
That's basically what I based the essay on. Mentioned the use of extended metaphors, juxtaposition of ideas, society/reversal of class, description in general and the nature of love.
lola1993
Rep:
?
I did this question as a practise question in year 11 and I LOVED 'Vultures'. I compared it with "Two Scavengers", I think I've still got it.

Ok found it.
"...This imbalance of character is the main theme in both poems, as they each present a contrast which influences the reader to challenge the nature of the human race."
That's basically what I based the essay on. Mentioned the use of extended metaphors, juxtaposition of ideas, society/reversal of class, description in general and the nature of love.
Thank you (: And I agree, they're two of my favourite poems too. x
lola1993
Rep:
?
imbalance of character
what do you mean by that? :/
Alsop
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
People in vultures; Can people who really commit such atrocities still have love from their family/friends? Can love and evil co-exist within people?

Two Scavs; Materialism, snobbery. Compared with blue labour workers, who make up the backbone of society. The injustice is, the latter are looked down upon when they do more for society than people who work in offices etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (116)
45.85%
Pro-humanity (137)
54.15%