The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Only acknowledgement for me :frown:
Reply 2
same here! i've heard they sometimes give offers in march!!!!
Reply 3
Aliaaa
Anyone heard from King's College of London yet? offers/interviews etc.? and if you did, when did u send off ur UCAS ??

I've only got an acknowledgement.:mad: but they said they might take a while

my stupid school only sent off my application this monday, so havn't even received an acknowledgement letter, how long did it take for yours to be sent??
Reply 4
just when i had finallised my PS, and went to the referer and she sent it off there and then, everything had been finished by that point, which was 21st October.
The KCL letter came about 5 days later
Reply 5
Aliaaa
just when i had finallised my PS, and went to the referer and she sent it off there and then, everything had been finished by that point, which was 21st October.
The KCL letter came about 5 days later

should receive it soon then, what's your first choice by the way??
Reply 6
its between manchester aston and kings, Manchester looks amazing, and the course is amazing, and i'm going to see Aston in 2 weeks, but i haven't seen Kings yet ! so i'll hopefully make up my mind soon enough!

dilemma! lol! i was scared that none of the uni's would want me, let alone me choosing my preference!
Reply 7
Aliaaa
its between manchester aston and kings, Manchester looks amazing, and the course is amazing, and i'm going to see Aston in 2 weeks, but i haven't seen Kings yet ! so i'll hopefully make up my mind soon enough!

dilemma! lol! i was scared that none of the uni's would want me, let alone me choosing my preference!

lol well you've done sick so far, getting offers from both Aston n Manchester, im just hoping to get an offer from kings n LSOP
Reply 8
Do not expect to hear from king for quite a bit guys.. I didn't here from them until march. I know of someone on TSR with AAA predicted who got an offer early in oct/nov, but I think that they sent it early.
I've only received acknowledgement too but they are known for giving their offers later than other unis.
I was wondering about LSOP because i havent heard a thing from there have many other people heard back or do they take their time replying too?
Reply 10
i don't think that i heard from them until mid january..
Reply 11
petzneo - what were your subjects/predicted grades? coz i didn't do Maths, and but i'm predicted AABB, so i'm not sure if they're gonna call me in for an interview =( i don't want onee
yeh i only got my acknowledgement on 13th by post..... sent my ucas off on 5 nov. Only got Nottingham and Cardiff interviews so far for pharm
Reply 13
Aliaaa
petzneo - what were your subjects/predicted grades? coz i didn't do Maths, and but i'm predicted AABB, so i'm not sure if they're gonna call me in for an interview =( i don't want onee

well, I did three sciences and maths at AS ( dropped physics:smile: ) and got predicted ABB for chem, bio and maths.

You would get an interview, even with those predicted grades. The interview ain't that bad, just a simple maths test and a short interview.

But tbh with kings they mainly look at your P.S. and what you got at GCSE and AS, basically your current achievements. What did you get in your GCSEs I think a B or an A in maths will help.
Reply 14
Aliaaa

Dont worry you think your in bad situation. I've only done Chemistry to A-level . Predicted ABB and almost certain to get it but without another science or maths i will get an interview. I rang them up. I want one though, so i can really convince them how much i want to do the pharmacy degree but also how much i want to go to kings! Stayed with my friend there the other week it was mental, but i just love london! Anyone ever had an interview at kings?
Reply 15
okay =) i feel a bit re-assured now. Its not that hard is it? when i think of King's i think of poshness and amazngness and high standardness full of people who went to private schools lol! Hopefully i'll be okay, i got a B in maths at GCSE - and overall my GCSE's were pretty good, the lowest grade i got was a B lol! so that should be okay =)

Thanks guys!
(simple maths test.. hmm how simple is the maths?)
Reply 16
lool, trust me it ain't that special, kings has its reputation, yes..but does the course actually have a good reputation? Now that way more important.

Simple maths like ratio, arthematics and so on. If yo search this forum, i am pretty sure someone did it last year and explained exactly what ort of maths came up.
it says theres a 20 min multiple choice calculation n comprehension excercise on the letter! Petz, any info on what to expect? Im quite nervous lol

EDIT: I found a thread with this stuff in :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=11415809&highlight=Kings+Interview+Pharmacy#post11415809
OMG!!! i dropped maths at AS, nd cant remember how to do anything! dammit, now i'll have to revise mths again! my interview is on the 3rd of December @ kings.
Just when i thought i could relax after havin LSOP and UCL interviews back-to-back....
Im in the same boat lol, i cant remember jack of my AS maths so back to the revising board i go...i guess ill see you there haha

Latest

Trending

Trending