Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eiramu)
    So did they give you an inreview? I've done the exact same subjects and am predicted the same grades as you. I was hoping they didn't interview me!!
    No, I didn't get an interview, just a straight offer of BBB.

I have heard that the interview ain't that bad tho.

ReputationRep:
    yeah the grades wanted last year were BBB, but this year ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliaaa)
    ohh man! what would i say about not doing maths after GCSE ? i don't think i want Kings anymore, sounds very maths orientated!!
    "Maths orientated" - couldn't agree with you more. Kings are taking their time replying I only sent off my UCAS today aaah!

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Its really good kings are doing this to be quite honest, i mean at my university, there are people who haven't done A-level maths, which for people like me who have done it, is rather frustrating. As now Brighton have to spend a lot of valuable time getting them all to the same standard, in the end it just allows king students to a better chance at aceing the pharmaceutical calculations required in pharmacy, which you need to pass by 70%.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anythinnng?!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anythinnng?!
    I've been called on the 11th but I'm going to Bath on that day so I'll need to ask Kings to change it. They do formal interviews, apparently.

p.s. Got email response in junk box :mad: . Everyone do keep an eye on what you get in junk email; be careful! :cool:

ReputationRep:

i guess coz i didn't do maths and they want all the maths people

who knows, maybe i won't even like it. lol!

Manchester <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khubseerat)
    I've been called on the 11th but I'm going to Bath on that day so I'll need to ask Kings to change it. They do formal interviews, apparently.

p.s. Got email response in junk box :mad: . Everyone do keep an eye on what you get in junk email; be careful! :cool:
    wow you've got an interview! congrats!

i sent my application off on the 3rd of Nov....still havnt heard anything though

ReputationRep:
    i applied 21st October =(

ReputationRep:
    i applied 21st October =(
    ah so maybe ill get a reply from them in the next few weeks then?

ReputationRep:
    i mean, i hvn't got a reply back lol!

ReputationRep:
    only got an acknowledgement so far, i've heard they reply as late as march bit annoying, i've heard from all 4 of my other uni's, got 3 offers plus an interview this wed so i don't see why Kings are taking so long. Not like i can do much anyway except wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo 2008)
    only got an acknowledgement so far, i've heard they reply as late as march bit annoying, i've heard from all 4 of my other uni's, got 3 offers plus an interview this wed so i don't see why Kings are taking so long. Not like i can do much anyway except wait
    what interview do you have on wed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soul02)
    what interview do you have on wed?
    LSOP

dont really know what's going on with them though because i was told i had an interview on friday and the woman on the phone said she'd email me more information about the interview and the timing etc but still havn't received anything, i'll probably end up calling them tomorow just to make sure

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Mo 2008! i've had my LSOP interview and it was really pleasant, so im sure you'll be fine.

Ugh, got my Kings interview on wed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo 2008)
    LSOP

dont really know what's going on with them though because i was told i had an interview on friday and the woman on the phone said she'd email me more information about the interview and the timing etc but still havn't received anything, i'll probably end up calling them tomorow just to make sure

gd luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate_baby)
    Congrats Mo 2008! i've had my LSOP interview and it was really pleasant, so im sure you'll be fine.

Ugh, got my Kings interview on wed!
    when did u send ur ucas off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pdod222)
    wow you've got an interview! congrats!

i sent my application off on the 3rd of Nov....still havnt heard anything though
    Awww thank you , but Interview is crucial itself so let's hope I give you chance to congrate me later on as well.

I hope you get a reply VERY soon. Heard from any other universities yet?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by soul02)
    when did u send ur ucas off
    Ive got one too, sent off around ..10th october? Somethin like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chibi-sama)
    lol king's just changed their offers to only ABB the BBB/b has gone :O
    3 A levels & 1 AS level
    ABB
    also the thing about the interview has gone but in the 2009 prospectus it does state(after checking it) that if you study Maths bio and chem then you don't need an interview however it's disappeared from the website.. -_- dunno what's up...

however on UCAS website...
    GCE A/AS level grade range ABB-BBBb
    Yes
    Applicants are interviewed where they offer non-standard qualifications.
    A proportion of candidates is interviewed.
    Only applicants who do not study the preferred combination of A-Levels or may be from a non-traditional educational background may be called for interview.

so if you do study maths bio and chem you have the best chance i would say then others who do say chem bio and history of not having an interview
    i do chem, bio and maths and have traditional qualifications...does that mean i wont be interviewed? (if they consider me ofcoarse)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.