Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heey..am just wondering has anyone been acceprted to a course thye wanted to to do but they didnt tehy had slightli lower predicted grades in it. I need ABB to do pharmacology but I have ABC.

second question:
    When unis say they want BBB (300 tarif points) but you have ABC (also 300 tarif points) does it matter?

Thank You....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    300 Tariff points is just that, BBB/ABC is fine. UNLESS they specify they want a B in something then yeah your good

ReputationRep:
    I know that kings won't let u do that...I mean that when they give an offer of like BBB, they literally want BBB.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    He didnt say kings petz he jus said in general haha

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from kings who applied on or after 23rd October ?? =(

and for everyone else who got an interview, how did u recieve it first, through letter or email??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Letter, didnt get an email

ReputationRep:
    loool, yeah I know! I just thought I'd emphasised the point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliaaa)
    Anyone heard from kings who applied on or after 23rd October ?? =(

and for everyone else who got an interview, how did u recieve it first, through letter or email??
    i hear king's take ages to reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soul02)
    i hear king's take ages to reply!
    i just wanna know where i stand! lol!

so we've got:

Khubseerat tht has an interview and he applied on the 13th November, predicted AAA, and does all the prefered subjects

Chocolate Baby who has an interview (today) and applied around the 10th october

annd Pujaa918

annd SkySantosh

and no me :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Guys trust me there is no need to worry, I didn't hear from them till march, had all of my other offers as well. Kings are just weird, they always take their time with offers.

I knew of one person on TSR who got interviewed before christmas, but they seems to have been predicted AAA so maybe thats why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliaaa)
    i just wanna know where i stand! lol!

so we've got:

Khubseerat tht has an interview and he applied on the 13th November, predicted AAA, and does all the prefered subjects

Chocolate Baby who has an interview (today) and applied around the 10th october

annd Pujaa918

annd SkySantosh

and no me :mad:
    Lol, dont worry I think Kings just like to take the piss :p:

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, had my kings interview today!
    surprisingly, the interview went well BUT i found the test afterwards really hard - completely flopped the maths part.
    As for the english bit, it was okay (once you get over the title which was "to err is human, to learn divine", whatever the hell that means).

the interview was not how i expected it to be - none of the usual "why pharmacy" or "why kings" or even the "name something in the media recently...".
    it was all based on my personal statement.

the hardest question i got asked was "how do you see art and science fusing?". i cant quite remember my answer.

i also had to give them examples to demonstrate when i have worked in a team, and when i have been working under pressure. then they asked me alot of questions about the examples i had given (so make sure you dont lie!).

i also got asked about my work experience quite a bit.

anyone else had their kings interview today?

ReputationRep:
    damn sounds like a bit of a grilling thanks for telling us! btw what qs were in the maths section? c1/c2 maths??
    i'm still waiting for an interview only acknowledgement.. last uni to get back to me... wished they hurry up

ReputationRep:
    Lol! it wasnt that bad!

the maths questions werent c1/c2 as far as i remember. they were just conversions and fractions and stuff.

dont worry tho, my maths is terrible so i thats why i found it hard. for the average student - you'll be ok!

i know what you mean about kings. it felt like they were taking ages to reply, but trust me, when you get an interview it's like "OMG! i dont have any time to prepare!"

Good luck tho, im sure you'll get an interview soon!

ReputationRep:
    haha cool cool, luckily it's c1/c2 if it was c3/c4 i might aswell not turn up xD

yeh it they are taking forever

well at least yuou have it over and done with!

thanks for the help!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Had my interview today, went ayt i guess altho the test was quite dodgy haha, cept for the english. Advice for anyone with interviews upcoming : Just be confident and go in with a relaxed mood as hard as that is to do, because the professors are quite nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate_baby)
    hey guys, had my kings interview today!
    surprisingly, the interview went well BUT i found the test afterwards really hard - completely flopped the maths part.
    As for the english bit, it was okay (once you get over the title which was "to err is human, to learn divine", whatever the hell that means).

the interview was not how i expected it to be - none of the usual "why pharmacy" or "why kings" or even the "name something in the media recently...".
    it was all based on my personal statement.

the hardest question i got asked was "how do you see art and science fusing?". i cant quite remember my answer.

i also had to give them examples to demonstrate when i have worked in a team, and when i have been working under pressure. then they asked me alot of questions about the examples i had given (so make sure you dont lie!).

i also got asked about my work experience quite a bit.

anyone else had their kings interview today?
    what did they ask about your personal statement??
    and ur experience, did u just have to recall what u did etc.?

and why did they ask u about art and science?? do u take art?? lol!

and hmm, wht sort of examples did u give about working in a team, and being under pressure?.

ReputationRep:
    they asked me about things i had mentioned on my PS (like i did mentoring, work experience etc.). they just ask you what you did (eg. what did your W.E. involve?), and what you learned about yourself from doing it etc. its really not difficult (unless you're lying - coz then you're bound to contradict yourself somehow!).

about the work experience - they asked me what kind of work i did, what i learned from doing it and then some extra questions like:
    what is the most important quality a pharmacist must have?
    how can pharmacists help people who are refusing to take their medicines?
    how can pharmacists help people who cannot come to terms with their diagnosis etc.
    why are pharmacists so important in society?

there were 2 people interviewing - 1 asks questions and the other just writes stuff down. right at the end, the 1 who was asking questiond turned to the other 1, and HE asked me the weird science nd art queston. i dont do art at A level, but i did it for GCSE (and i told him i was quite creative) so i think thats why he asked.

for working in a team example - i gave the example of when i went on a residential trip and i was part of team doing chores and stuff.

for working under pressure - just said in general of when i have deadlines for coursework and its exam time, i have to work under pressure. and then i said how i deal with stress. i would advise you to have some examples ready before any interview in case these kind of questions come up.

also some questions came up about the different types of medicine available ( i talked about GSL, P and POM medicines).

they also asked about what is needed to make a team work (or something like that anyway, i cant remember exactly).

hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khubseerat)
    Awww thank you , but Interview is crucial itself so let's hope I give you chance to congrate me later on as well.

I hope you get a reply VERY soon. Heard from any other universities yet?
    yes ...ive got an offer from nottingham, cardiff, manchester, LSOP....still waiting for kings though

how did you interview go then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pdod222)
    yes ...ive got an offer from nottingham, cardiff, manchester, LSOP....still waiting for kings though

how did you interview go then?
    Congrats! You're in a strong postion.

My interview actually went very well but haven't got any reply yet so getting bit worried now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.