Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wow another 5 weeks wait for me then lol.

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine off on 2nd Nov...so should hear back from them in the next few weeks then!....hopefully..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Dont forget xmas break could delay it. and i dont think there is a definite time span of 2 months, who knows guys, you could get your interview notifications tommorow!

ReputationRep:
    hey skysantosh, i had my interview in the 3rd of December, still waiting for a reply (though i hope that our replies aren't affected by the xmax holidays!)

the test after the interview was REALLY REALLY hard! i know what u meant by the mew question. i was totally put off by it. and the worst part was, the english part (that i'm actually good at) i didnt get to do because i spent 15 mins on the maths part. therefore, i think i flopped it from both sides!

ps. did you go home and google the word 'err' afterwards!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by chocolate_baby)
    hey skysantosh, i had my interview in the 3rd of December, still waiting for a reply (though i hope that our replies aren't affected by the xmax holidays!)

the test after the interview was REALLY REALLY hard! i know what u meant by the mew question. i was totally put off by it. and the worst part was, the english part (that i'm actually good at) i didnt get to do because i spent 15 mins on the maths part. therefore, i think i flopped it from both sides!

ps. did you go home and google the word 'err' afterwards!
    Lol nope, no google for me, my dad said to me straight away on the phone afterwards it means to make a mistake/error Lmao, totally not what i wrote haha. And i realllllly hope the xmas hols dont delay it anymore too, im on tenterhooks waitin for a response haha. What time did you have it? Mine was one of the first i think, at 10ish i think.My mates came after me at 1ish.
    The bloke who gave out the multi choice questions said its used as a means to further analyze borderline candidates so heres to hopin we arent borderline eh! haha

ReputationRep:
    What was in the test?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Not to scary you, but mostly maths, then a small english section.

But
    omg the maths was hard. There was ratios, fractions and such but some of the questions just made you go :|

ReputationRep:
    Lol great..

ReputationRep:
    hey skysantosh, my interview was @ 10.30 (after yours i guess!)
    yeah, i asked the guy who gave me the test and he said that they place more emphathis on the interview then on the test. oh well, just have to wait and see...

what were your impressions on KCL? i always thought i wanted to go there (if i'm accepted) but now i dont know whether to choose KCL or LSOP. what do you think? which one would you go for?

ps. i wrote mistake for 'err' but i just could not figure out how to define 'anticipate' in 5 words even though i knew what it meant! that was really frustrating!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    My impression of KCL was "Wow", it looks so modern and sophisticated. I reckon if they made me the offer i would 100% go, it just looks fantastic and its rep is .. wow. Personally im torn between the two too, but im veering more towards KCL because although LSOP is the only MPharm dedictated school, social wise Kings would be better and plus LSOP was so small as dodgy as it sounds. I still think LSOP is a great uni and if Kings rejected me id be happy to go, but definitely all KCL atm from me

I got everything else in the english section, cant believe i thought err meant some random other crap i wrote xD, i must have been the only person to get that question wrong LOL.

@ Lulu i just realised how evil i sounded, its not THAT hard, i think some querstions were designed for you to use powers of deduction rather than actually know it as we havent learnt it, but go over your percentages, fractions and ratios and you will get the rest. English is straightforward ish but it isnt as big a section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkySantosh)
    My impression of KCL was "Wow", it looks so modern and sophisticated. I reckon if they made me the offer i would 100% go, it just looks fantastic and its rep is .. wow. Personally im torn between the two too, but im veering more towards KCL because although LSOP is the only MPharm dedictated school, social wise Kings would be better and plus LSOP was so small as dodgy as it sounds. I still think LSOP is a great uni and if Kings rejected me id be happy to go, but definitely all KCL atm from me

I got everything else in the english section, cant believe i thought err meant some random other crap i wrote xD, i must have been the only person to get that question wrong LOL.

@ Lulu i just realised how evil i sounded, its not THAT hard, i think some querstions were designed for you to use powers of deduction rather than actually know it as we havent learnt it, but go over your percentages, fractions and ratios and you will get the rest. English is straightforward ish but it isnt as big a section.
    Haha you werent evil dont worry

I havent heard from them so I'll just have to wait and see. Thank you for the help anyways, I'll probs ask for more if the times comes :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    haha no worries, Happy to help

ReputationRep:
    okay i need to rearrange my interview from the 14th jan (coz ihave an exam) to a later date.

I emailed them.
    They haven't replied
    I called them (xmas eve)
    didn't answer.

they want the slip back by the 2nd Jan ! but i cant get thru to them ! what do i doo! urghh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliaaa)
    okay i need to rearrange my interview from the 14th jan (coz ihave an exam) to a later date.

I emailed them.
    They haven't replied
    I called them (xmas eve)
    didn't answer.

they want the slip back by the 2nd Jan ! but i cant get thru to them ! what do i doo! urghh!
    Most unis say they get back to you early jan due to christmas holidays etc not many staff are working. Im sure they'll understand if you havent sent your slip back by the 2nd jan or just send it off anyway.

Good luck anywho

ReputationRep:
    ayo aliaaa, im in the EXACT same situation as u init, i emailed em on christmas eve and again 2day aint got a single reply. i did send off the slip though, have u? but i put i wont be attending the intervew even though i need to reschedule it too. did sum1 called amy cutter send u the letter?

ReputationRep:
    hertfordshire anyone!>??! past questions!?

ReputationRep:
    yeahh!
    well i called her up yday
    she said they got my message ,and tht she ws sending the laters out on tht day =S
    its now Feb 11th 11am.
    but hvnt got the letter yet, hopefully tmro x

ReputationRep:
    LOL
    typical they emailed me back 2 day sme thing i got mine 11th feb
    ye they sed they gon give me a nuew letter and reply slip too x

ReputationRep:
    congrats on the interview in feb (jus make sure it doesnt clash with anything else on that day either!)

i'm still waiting for a reply from them, even tho its been over a month since my interview!
    :-[
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Same lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.