Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i finally heard from kings today, got an interview on the 28th of Jan

SkySantosh i just wanted to know if the maths test had any AS Maths questions, anything from like C1-C2, i havn't dun maths since AS so cant actually remember anything

ReputationRep:
    Letter today interview 28th Jan too !
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Mo 2008)
    i finally heard from kings today, got an interview on the 28th of Jan

SkySantosh i just wanted to know if the maths test had any AS Maths questions, anything from like C1-C2, i havn't dun maths since AS so cant actually remember anything
    Its GCSE maths primarily, percentages, fractions, ratios and the like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkySantosh)
    Its GCSE maths primarily, percentages, fractions, ratios and the like.
    oh klkl, should be alright then, thanks

ReputationRep:
    do they only test you on maths? or a little bit of chemistry as well?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by pdod222)
    do they only test you on maths? or a little bit of chemistry as well?
    Now my memory is a bit sketchy, but i do remember a mole question. Dont go off and revise everything you know of on moles tho, because it certainly wasnt an A level question...i think it was more of an educated guess type question. Its really just maths and english, some chemistry related stuff but nothing that revisin chemistry could help with. If you catch my drift? lol

ReputationRep:
    how are the questions formatted, is it multiple choice? whats the questions in comprehension like, is it to do with articles and other stuff on pharmacy?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Its multiple choice, A, B, C or D maths section.

The comprehensions asks for some definitions based on an article they give you, and you have to say the definitiion in for example 5 words. Then they ask some other stuff on the article and your done. Maths section is a hecka lot longer than the english btw.

ReputationRep:
    kings still not replied to me

ReputationRep:
    cheers skysantosh appreciate tha replies
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No worries mate, good luck with your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkySantosh)
    No worries mate, good luck with your interview
    awh thanks a lot! I mean i guess i need to brush up on my gcse maths, since i havent done Alevel.

but i don't understand why people are still getting interviewed even tho they do all the preferred subjects and have the right predicted grades :confused: :confused: i thought it was just for people like me who hadn't done maths or smething..

anyway have u heard offer-wise from them yet ???

good luck guyss
    my interview is on thr 11th February! hope it goes okay, i have no idea what to brush up on other than the maths. Do they ask about ''why london why pharmacy'' ?

ReputationRep:
    I've got interview on the 28th too! but im not sure yet if i'm gunna go becuase i rely doubt id go to london to study and ive already got offers from other unis i dont know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SupaStar*AmZi)
    I've got interview on the 28th too! but im not sure yet if i'm gunna go becuase i rely doubt id go to london to study and ive already got offers from other unis i dont know...
    you cant really turn down kings tho can u :gasp: :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    i know! im just not sure cuz its a mission getting there and everything and you cant even look around the uni on that day so you have to make 2 journeys. and ive almost decided im going to manchester....

ReputationRep:
    heyy did all of u that have got an offer have an interview? ie all those who did the right subjects with the right predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    hey peopleee
    i havent got an interview or heard anything from kings yet realy confused and scared as well lol...i sent my ucas form sumtyme in november...would they get in contact with me anytime soon or would they just be longg!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Aliaaa)
    awh thanks a lot! I mean i guess i need to brush up on my gcse maths, since i havent done Alevel.

but i don't understand why people are still getting interviewed even tho they do all the preferred subjects and have the right predicted grades :confused: :confused: i thought it was just for people like me who hadn't done maths or smething..

anyway have u heard offer-wise from them yet ???

good luck guyss
    my interview is on thr 11th February! hope it goes okay, i have no idea what to brush up on other than the maths. Do they ask about ''why london why pharmacy'' ?

Yeah i got an offer, ABB. Im going to an open day at KCL for MPharm on the same day as your interview :O, selected it in that slip that i sent off for interview confirmation. Lol.

They didnt ask me Why London, they said why pharmacy obviously, but also asked me things based heavily upon my Personal Statement. I suggest going through it thoroughly.

(Original post by Annie123_5)
    heyy did all of u that have got an offer have an interview? ie all those who did the right subjects with the right predicted grades?
    Yep everyone has to go thru an interview for MPharm at KCL this year. Including right predicted grades and subs it seems.

(Original post by InDiAn GuNnEr)
    hey peopleee
    i havent got an interview or heard anything from kings yet realy confused and scared as well lol...i sent my ucas form sumtyme in november...would they get in contact with me anytime soon or would they just be longg!!
    Im not sure mate, KCL do take a while, i sent mine in october and had the interview in december. So you never know, might get an interview soon. Gd luck.

(Original post by Aliaaa)
    Everyone, MPharm is getting competitive, they need to differentiate candidates on more than just paper now

ReputationRep:
    HEyy i was just wondering if someone could help me. I have an interview at kings on wednesday and i am really worried as really wanna get in. COuld i have some help with the maths test thing, is it like mental maths stuff, or harder like moles and things and so should we do a bit of chemistry in preparation, because i havent done maths in a couple of years sicne did it at gcse, what bits of the syllabus should i really focus on. and what is the comphrension thing about, i have read it is coming up with five different words to describe something but im not sure, if someone could explain it again. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would love it if someone could help me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.