Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, here (in my signature) is the outcome of my application:

Now you decide where I should go!
    Please comment on your vote

ReputationRep:
    Wow they really are spread all over the UK! Depends what you want in terms of which course you prefer and which location. A big city?= London A small town? = St. Andrews Something in between? = Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Wow they really are spread all over the UK! Depends what you want in terms of which course you prefer and which location. A big city?= London A small town? = St. Andrews Something in between? = Bristol
    right, but i luv small towns and quite places, like Durham.

Personally i luv Durham, the place is beautiful, people is kind and has good enviornments for studying. Castle seems the hardest college to get in, congrats, i didnt get my offer though..

ReputationRep:
    Go to durham, it is great. Especially hild bede, brilliant place. Not that I am biased at all.... no I just do Natural Sciences at Durham at Hild Bede....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    Go to durham, it is great. Especially hild bede, brilliant place. Not that I am biased at all.... no I just do Natural Sciences at Durham at Hild Bede....
    hope i could find someone doing sociology in Hatfiled.

Btw, how about Hatfiled?

ReputationRep:
    Hatfield is okay. Though I won't admit to it in real life (college rivalry and all that ). It is a lot more central than Hild Bede, which is in it's favour.

ReputationRep:
    Those are very good universities. You should consider the course content to see if you like it or not. Then choose the university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mara009)
    So, here (in my signature) is the outcome of my application:

Now you decide where I should go!
    Please comment on your vote
    In terms of universities i would reckon UCL is the best. However they seem slightly different courses so it would depend on what you prefer...

My top 3 would be:

UCL

Durham
    Bristol

ReputationRep:
    only go to st andrews if you want a really small place..,. they don't have any nightclubs, pretty poor shops (they have buses taking them to clubs in dundee every week)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Come to Bristol if you want the *best* nightlife!

ReputationRep:
    come to london! its great... or stay if you are already here... even tho i am leaving.... *hums* .... o well!

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I would go to UCL although I don't like living in London, I spent a summer there ....such a boring holiday. But I think it's good and I have only 1 choice in common with yours is UCL, so I vote it

ReputationRep:
    They're all seen as really good unis, so just go for whichever course you prefer really.

ReputationRep:
    I would definately go for UCL and if i had to choose between the rest id probably go for Edinburgh but only just ; any of your chosen institutions would be fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    UCL is a great uni and London is definitely a great place to be. the only drawback is that the cost of living is much higher. if this is a problem for you, Edinburgh is good (though it's a four year course and you may have trouble understanding the accent, assuming you're an international student)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.