Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think im suffering from depression... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaloo)
    You could try CBT which is about teaching you different techniques for coping with your problems or what to when you think your emotions are about to overwhelm you. You may find that more helping than just talking about your problems.
    lol haha i used to have cards given to me saying things like

"i WILL be fine"
    "everything WILL be okay"
    "you KNOW you will be okay"
    "whats the worse that could happen"
    etc
    :p: helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa.22)
    lol haha i used to have cards given to me saying things like

"i WILL be fine"
    "everything WILL be okay"
    "you KNOW you will be okay"
    "whats the worse that could happen"
    etc
    :p: helps
    Ha, I had breathing techniques and a meditation candle with PEACE emblazoned on it in chinese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaloo)
    Ha, I had breathing techniques and a meditation candle with PEACE emblazoned on it in chinese.
    yup lol! still use the breathing techniques and used to have hypnotherapy!

i did try meditation too with all the songs you can get for it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa.22)
    yup lol! still use the breathing techniques and used to have hypnotherapy!

i did try meditation too with all the songs you can get for it lol
    breathing techniques are surprisingly awesome. Did hypnotherapy work for you? A friend had that for her claustrophobia/panic attacks and says she's better now but I'm such a sceptic..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaloo)
    breathing techniques are surprisingly awesome. Did hypnotherapy work for you? A friend had that for her claustrophobia/panic attacks and says she's better now but I'm such a sceptic..
    to be honest i dont really know.. pretty much because i don't know what i would of been like without it you know? he put these things on my fingers (i have really bad anxiety in general) i think it was to measure my sweat glands heart rate, etc and i was way up over 80 when people are like 50 ish... but when hypnotised i went to like 50 so does something definetely relaxes you... he used be as his homework and experience though because he'd just done the course so didn't have to pay. :p: i would say for people to give it a go though definetely for the anxiety side.

ReputationRep:
    TSR can't diagnose your problem.

Go to the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    "the thing i find is i dont want ppl to sympathise for me or judge me" - Find people that do neither but just listen and offer advice if you want it.

Most doctors are detached in this manner.

ReputationRep:
    im gonna try and talk to my boyfriend next time we are together.... its just findin the right moment to bring it up....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.