Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

girls, what do you think of guys who wear shoe lifts? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcticsuicide)
    but girls can wear heels? and if guys do they suddenly become strange, insecure, unattractive?

you girls are crazy
    exactly... well not exactly, because I'm not crazy...

If you feel this will help your confidence then you should try it. There is nothing insecure about wanting to feel better about your own image, and wearing heels is hardly... getting your legs lengthened. Heels are temporary and reversible. My opinion is that once you wear the lifts, you'll realise that you probably don't need it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i am 5 foot 7. that is 170 cm exactly. possibly i am a hair under. I wear my boots and i am 5 foot 9 ish. I love being 5 foot 9ish. If i have a girlfirned, we got back home, relax take our shoes off and she sees me and see that i am 5 ft 7, and dumps me, then i think theres something wrong.
    whats wrong with man heels? esp. if your short

ReputationRep:
    i want every short GUY viewing this thread to hear me out here, are you sick of being short? well then wear elevator shoes. if girls can wear heels, why cant guys? all guys should be taller than the girls so they feel protected, and im sure girls feel the same. too often short guys get the stick, its time to put a stop to this bullsH*t
    I'm only an inch taller than you so you can count me as a short guy but I think wearing shoe lifts is ridiculous unless you are extremely short for a guy, say 5'4 or less.

ReputationRep:
    i want every short GUY viewing this thread to hear me out here, are you sick of being short? well then wear elevator shoes. if girls can wear heels, why cant guys? all guys should be taller than the girls so they feel protected, and im sure girls feel the same. too often short guys get the stick, its time to put a stop to this bullsH*t
    I've never got no stick thank you, but that's probably because I'm not an insecure **** stirrer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Except most of my friends don't wear heels to be taller.....
    So why do they wear them?

Heels aren't particularly comfortable. You can find equally fashionable shoes with little to no heels. I'm 5'11 and I feel no need to wear heels, my best friend is 5'3 and almost exclusively wears heels.

ReputationRep:
    trust me, all short guys are inherently inferior. I am dead serious. Eevery single girl out there thinks short guys are automatically unattractive. Its something to do with their hormones i think. A man above 5 foot 10 is biologically superior, longer life expectancy and on average more educated. its time to put a stop to this

pro- elevator shoes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    Do you ever wear heels/other lifting shoes?
    Nah, my shoes only have a kitten heel, if anything. Mostly wear flat boots and trainers myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijobla)
    So why do they wear them?

Heels aren't particularly comfortable. You can find equally fashionable shoes with little to no heels. I'm 5'11 and I feel no need to wear heels, my best friend is 5'3 and almost exclusively wears heels.
    Er, cos they're pretty?
    Maybe that's just me then.

ReputationRep:
    trust me, all short guys are inherently inferior. I am dead serious. Eevery single girl out there thinks short guys are automatically unattractive. Its something to do with their hormones i think. A man above 5 foot 10 is biologically superior, longer life expectancy and on average more educated. its time to put a stop to this

pro- elevator shoes
    Actually, you're wrong. Austin Drage (of X Factor fame) is 5'5 I think. I absolutely adore him.

ReputationRep:
    all women are essentially the same. They want taller men. A short man no matter how good looking he is is automatically inferior. I read it somewhere in an aritcle. It something to do with the way women biologically operate, they are created to think 1 dimensionally. That is why the end up working in the house all the time, its all they can really do. Sad as it is, its true. I am not a chauvinist, but i do have common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    I'd wear them if I was short, and there's no point lying to you as other posters do - 5'7" is short. I'd kill to be taller and I'm 186cm, so don't think it's odd to want to be taller than you are.
    Lol, a height complex at your height. Small penis, no?

pro- elevator shoes
    Fail troll is fail.

all women are essentially the same. They want taller men. A short man no matter how good looking he is is automatically inferior. I read it somewhere in an aritcle. It something to do with the way women biologically operate, they are created to think 1 dimensionally. That is why the end up working in the house all the time, its all they can really do. Sad as it is, its true. I am not a chauvinist, but i do have common sense.
    Oh dear. I honestly hope you are a troll.

Yes, I'm sure if Johnny Depp (for the sake of the argument let's pretend he's not rich/famous) were to meet a girl, and a 6'2 average Joe came along, she'd instantly run to the taller guys arms. After all, he's only 5'9. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You think i am a troll? I have been studying height all my life. I am 28 years old, an Oxford university graduate. I have deduced from my years of research that women are essentially all the same. There is no colourful variety, no potential for diverse thinking, no sense of idealism, abseloutely devoid of any sense of critcism, judgement or balanced thinking. They are 1 dimensional. That is why they cease to reach the higher tiers of the New Economy. Women are essentially drones. Its a sad case, but biologically and socio-economically it adds up
    with regard to height, women prefer taller men 100%. If you are therefore below 5 foot 10 you are essentially screwed.
    I am just concluding from years of research. Dont blame me. Blame science

ReputationRep:
    You think i am a troll? I have been studying height all my life. I am 28 years old, an Oxford university graduate.
    I stopped reading there.

Fail troll is indeed fail.

Next.

ReputationRep:
    girls wear heels to be taller

its a FACT
    Hey hey hey, lets not get ahead of ourselves. I'm 5'2" on a good day, so on the shorter side of the European Average, however I definitely do not wear heels to appear taller. Heels (/not lifts/) do something to a girl's calves that no other shoe does, and if you don't know or see it then you're missing out. Heels can make ugly legs look suddenly sexy and elongated; forcing a shape for those who have skinny/shapeless calves or for those with thicker/trunk-like limbs. As Kinky Boots' Lola once said, sex is in the heels.

Exhibit A: Skinny legs with heels - http://www.collegecandy.com/wp-conte...ls-posters.jpg

Exhibit B: Skinny legs without - http://www.whowhatwear.com/website/a...tMaryJanes.jpg

There is a reason why there is such a huge kink/fetish following around high heels (as opposed to ballet flats/sandals/any other shoe type).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Lol, a height complex at your height. Small penis, no?
    No, pretty average size penis, slightly above infact. All of my family are really tall, I'm about 6'1.5" compared to my smallest male cousin who is 6'5" and the tallest is 6'9", my father is 6'3". Suffice to say I'm envious.

ReputationRep:
    Johnny depp? Out of all the anaologies you picked a man who wears cowboy boots to compensate for his shockingly unhealthy height of 5 foot 8. He is insecure about his height, just like Jim Morrison was. If a woman was to see Mr Depp's real height barefeet, she would feel betrayed, somewhat confused and most importantly peturbed. A man as good looking as he is...the betrayer would be a million times worse for the innocent women, who just want a tall man.
    I feel sorry for women who want a tall man because not every man is over 6 foot, i wish it were the case though. I am NOT a troll.

ReputationRep:
    I have never heard of shoe lifts before but after researching them why not wear them? If they make you feel comfortable then do so.

ReputationRep:
    Also, to add to the height argument. I saw the movie Penlope the other day and got a crush on the tabloid guy (Peter Dinklage) and I have a feeling he is shorter than you.

...Checking out his imdb.com forum shows that I'm not the only one to think that either.

ReputationRep:
    'theology for the win' is an example of clever, modern woman. She looks at what makes the man, as a fellow human being, happy and acknowledges that.
    She deserves to tap herself on the back, Why dont you do that Miss? Tap yourself on the back. It will make you feel better. Please.

ReputationRep:
    Johnny depp? Out of all the anaologies you picked a man who wears cowboy boots to compensate for his shockingly unhealthy height of 5 foot 8. He is insecure about his height, just like Jim Morrison was. If a woman was to see Mr Depp's real height barefeet, she would feel betrayed, somewhat confused and most importantly peturbed. A man as good looking as he is...the betrayer would be a million times worse for the innocent women, who just want a tall man.
    I feel sorry for women who want a tall man because not every man is over 6 foot, i wish it were the case though. I am NOT a troll.
    Does it matter if he's lying (which he most likely isn't, you have no sources or reasonable argument for that)? Nope, fact remains that a 6'2 average Joe would lose when it comes to attraction with most women.

You're living in a fairyland. Enjoy it whilst it lasts. One day you might have to face the real world.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.