Turn on thread page Beta

am i "chucking my education away" watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)
    i duuno what makes you whatever.. only you can define yourself

doesnt take much to astound you does it?
    You called me those things, now justify your means.

ReputationRep:
    No you are not. And I wish that I had moved to a local college. The environment in my school ( a grammar school) is just excruciatingly opressive and competitive. I perform well but I would have thrived in a more relaxed environment as I would have enjoyed my subjects more! Here, the classes are full of people pursuing a policy of one-upmanship, it's a bloody joke!

LEAVE WHILE YOU CAN

p.s. good luck haha

ReputationRep:
    Not unless you want to study a subject only offered at the grammar school, which I can only assume you don't.

ReputationRep:
    Of course you are not throwing away your education. It depends on the pupil and where he/she is comfortable.

I know what you mean about grammar schools though, they are wayyyyy too competitive and arrogantish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith_Dave)
    Of course you are not throwing away your education. It depends on the pupil and where he/she is comfortable.

I know what you mean about grammar schools though, they are wayyyyy too competitive and arrogantish
    Not in my expereince, but anyway OP, go where you're happy! Like others have said, you;re definitely not throwing your eductaion away, as you'll do better in an environment where you're happy.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've moved from a good independant school and just started my A-Levels at an averageish Comprehensive and I certainly don't think I've thrown my educaiton away.

ReputationRep:
    I seriously doubt the millions of children who've never had the opportunity to study at anything other than comprehensive schools see themselves as having 'chucked away' their education. I've attended comprehensive schools all my life, and have grades that grammar school/private school pupils would be proud of - your education is what you make it.

That wasn't meant to be a rant, I'm sorry :p:. Go somewhere you'll be happy! If that's your local sixth form, then it'll be better for you than a grammar school you dislike anyway. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    i think some people are misunderstanding me...when i say 'chucking' i'm quoting other people. it's not really what i think, i'm just trying to find out what other people in my situation have done...

thanks for all the good luck comments! i'm quite looking forward to getting out of my current school now(:

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.