Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I have a collection of papers that most people wont have. Am i breaching copyright or any other laws if I hosted it on my website?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea, but if you do, PM me a link. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Copyright of the exam board.

ReputationRep:
    Of course you are; isn't it obvious?

ReputationRep:
    Copyright is reserved for the respective exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shonak)
    Hey guys,

I have a collection of papers that most people wont have. Am i breaching copyright or any other laws if I hosted it on my website?

Thanks
    Slap my msn addy in your contact list matey, gimmie some loooooove baby! I want some past papers ... please! Ill pay you? £1.51 < all i got left Still, my money could help you through the recession!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookieboy)
    Slap my msn addy in your contact list matey, gimmie some loooooove baby! I want some past papers ... please! Ill pay you? £1.51 < all i got left Still, my money could help you through the recession!
    You know you can get past papers for free, on the exam board websites?

ReputationRep:
    Websites like www.freeexampapers.com offer loads of them for free, and as far as I'm aware, they haven't been told off by the exam boards.

I have loads of Computing AS and A2 papers, along with plenty of physics ones. Last thing i need now is to have these exam boards breathing down my neck!

If I am convinced by you guys that it is ok, I will post ones not found on my site, www.shonak.com, in about 2-4 weeks time.

ReputationRep:
    You seriously shouldn't pay somebody else for past papers that are being illegally sold on.

Morally, it's no worse than buying bootlegged media such as fake DVDs at a market - he has no right to profit from this or even distribute it freely. :no:

ReputationRep:
    Websites like www.freeexampapers.com offer loads of them for free, and as far as I'm aware, they haven't been told off by the exam boards.
    Have you not considered the possibility that those sites pay a royalty to the exam boards to provide the service? The papers may be free, but the sites make their money in other ways, just like TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Have you not considered the possibility that those sites pay a royalty to the exam boards to provide the service? The papers may be free, but the sites make their money in other ways, just like TSR.
    Ok then, no papers guys

ReputationRep:

I have loads of Computing AS and A2 papers, along with plenty of physics ones. Last thing i need now is to have these exam boards breathing down my neck!

If I am convinced by you guys that it is ok, I will post ones not found on my site, www.shonak.com, in about 2-4 weeks time.
    http://www.freeexampapers.com/legalthreats.html

Unless they are made up, I think they have been 'told off' a bit

ReputationRep:
    So, let's assume that someone gives me a past-paper for 2008's June exam that 'hardly' anyone else has; will that be illegal as such?

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thought so.
    I know that when you photocopy some exam papers (edexcel I think) it comes up with "copyright of the exam board" or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought this sort of thing was perfectly legal as long as you weren't making any profit off of it. I don't much about this sort of thing though

ReputationRep:
    I have just bought www.freeexampapers.com. Frankly the last owner was a wimp and didn't have the courage to tell you to sod off. Good day.

HAHAHA LEGEND!!!

There are more edexcel papers on www.freeexampapers.com than on the edexcel website. That must make you pretty mad.

LMFAO omg that is legendry!

Thank you for your kind email. I have to tell you I know nothing about the law. I do know all about probability and statistics and I can tell you that the probability of my taking any of your papers down is zero. Therefore, stick your head up your bum, and walk around in a circle until you DROP DEAD!

LMFAO

ReputationRep:
    I have just bought www.freeexampapers.com. Frankly the last owner was a wimp and didn't have the courage to tell you to sod off. Good day.

HAHAHA LEGEND!!!

There are more edexcel papers on www.freeexampapers.com than on the edexcel website. That must make you pretty mad.

LMFAO omg that is legendry!

Thank you for your kind email. I have to tell you I know nothing about the law. I do know all about probability and statistics and I can tell you that the probability of my taking any of your papers down is zero. Therefore, stick your head up your bum, and walk around in a circle until you DROP DEAD!

LMFAO
    you BOUGHT the website?!

ReputationRep:
    you BOUGHT the website?!
    No thats the response the owner of that site gave to AQA and the other exam boards that wrote to him/her i think it is legendry haha

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, even the exam boards aren't allowed to publish some exam papers on the web because even they don't have all the copyright to the stuff on the exams. Things like pictures and text that other places have given the exam board special permission to use in their exam.

ReputationRep:
    you BOUGHT the website?!
    No no, he's infringing the copyright of the owner by posting his replies to copyright infringement emails.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.