Turn on thread page Beta

Completely fed up - it never ends watch

Announcements

(Original post by an_end_has_a_start)
    have you tried proper counselling?
    yeah, but after a while i couldn't hack it and quit, i called up before and i have another appointment for it in a few weeks

ReputationRep:
    I agree with cascadingstylez, a couple of the earlier comments were a little unfeeling. We all need to talk sometimes. This cynical "internet voice" that you find on internet forums is the kind of thing that encourages depression, even if you don't realise it at the time.

OP, what are you doing to take control of your situation? We all have down cycles, and some last longer than others. The important thing is not letting them overtake your life, and talking. Sometimes the act of just articulating your problem is enough to make you feel better, because once you've admitted the problem it is easier to find a solution.

When negative things happen to you, you can't just draw a line underneath them, you have to embrace them and use what you've learnt to make you stronger in different ways. For example, the thing you learned about your friend, well thanks to that, you will learn to become more discerning when it comes to making friends. This can be a positive thing as you will make better, more valuable friends... as long as you don't take discernment too far.

Unfortunately, you can't resort to your usual method of release, exercise, so perhaps you should think of taking up a project or a new hobby. Learn to play an instrument? Write poetry? From what I understand, you are looking for work, well why not make yourself more employable by learning a new language? Create opportunities for yourself. This is what I mean by taking control of your situation.

And yes you do have the strength. I refuse to believe that you can't cope, it is in everybodies capability to change our lives. Make your frustration your determination and do not become defeated.

PS: feel free to PM

ReputationRep:
    GOD.. people here are sooo rude..
    Its sooo unnessecaryyy!
    Jeeezeee..

Mannnn pulll your self togetherrr!!
    Dont give up.. lifes a *****hhhh.. Just when you get everything you wanted it will completely destroy you.. and as for your friend.. screw them.. i no its hard but you seem like a nice person just go socialize sum more.. your bound to find someone who you can trust more than them.. nd as for the job thing.. oh well.. fuuurrk it! it just shows you your a good person.. and you dont see the bad in people..

I GUARANTEE YOU MY LIFE IS WORSE...
    SERIOUSLY A BILLION TIMES WORSE.. but as you can tell i dontt reli care hehe
    and i couldnt care less becauseee i just workkk really hard at college so i can leave homee and do what i wantt =] =] =]

Find a jobb.. theres loads.. buy yourself stuff eevery weekk..
    Stop worrying? IT DOESNT GET YOU ANYWERE!
    Nd as for dying? dont be soo dummb! you dont wanna die!
    Seriously doooooooooo whatever you want!
    WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY HAPPY? DO IT!

Give yourself a chance to be someone better.. and people who push you around well fight back.. never let yourself be trodded on.. your deserve better..
    Britain needs to smile more =)
    Life is okkk if you work at it.. just dont think about ittt.. its only life. were all gonna die sooner or later so your better off doing what makes you happy before its too late =)

Smilee??
    Pleasee.. do it for youself.. =]
    Peaceee *

(Original post by Dijobla)
    I agree with cascadingstylez, a couple of the earlier comments were a little unfeeling. We all need to talk sometimes. This cynical "internet voice" that you find on internet forums is the kind of thing that encourages depression, even if you don't realise it at the time.
    There are just some things that are impossible for me to articulate, yes, you could say I was unfeeling, I appear that way but I am actually an emotional wreck.

OP, what are you doing to take control of your situation? We all have down cycles, and some last longer than others. The important thing is not letting them overtake your life, and talking. Sometimes the act of just articulating your problem is enough to make you feel better, because once you've admitted the problem it is easier to find a solution.
    My situation is how I feel and how that is affecting my life. I am doing lots, I am trying to speak to people, connect, have some contact with the outer world but it just never seems to happen for me, it just ends in failure.

When negative things happen to you, you can't just draw a line underneath them, you have to embrace them and use what you've learnt to make you stronger in different ways. For example, the thing you learned about your friend, well thanks to that, you will learn to become more discerning when it comes to making friends. This can be a positive thing as you will make better, more valuable things... as long as you don't take it too far.
    Nothing that happened this week is of any consequence, it just stacks up on top of everything else. When you are trying so hard and stuff happens it almost feels as if you are being mocked.

Unfortunately, you can't resort to your usual method of release, exercise, so perhaps you should think of taking up a project or a new hobby. Learn to play an instrument? Write poetry? From what I understand, you are looking for work, well why not make yourself more employable by learning a new language? Create opportunities for yourself. This is what I mean by taking control of your situation.

And yes you do have the strength. I refuse to believe that you can't cope, it is in everybodies capability to change our lives. Make your frustration your determination and do not become defeated.
    I wish I could do something, I am trying to but I can barely focus, I feel drunk on emotion if that even makes any sense.

I don't have strength, not enough anyway, I obviously have just enough to survive but in some ways thats probably cos i dont have enough to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There are just some things that are impossible for me to articulate, yes, you could say I was unfeeling, I appear that way but I am actually an emotional wreck.
    I should clarify that the first paragraph of my comment was directed at the other users, who were unfeeling in responding to you. I can completely understand you are feeling emotional.

My situation is how I feel and how that is affecting my life. I am doing lots, I am trying to speak to people, connect, have some contact with the outer world but it just never seems to happen for me, it just ends in failure.
    We spend our whole lives trying to connect with people, it's the hardest thing. I think your barriers are what is holding you back. You cannot connect with people till you connect with yourself- that sounds like a cliche but it is true. I can't help you over the internet- you know that, what you have to do is sit and ask yourself some questions. Why do you think things end in failure? What is a failure to you, may be a success to others. Who would you be without this negative energy, what kind of person? Be that person.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Gandhi

Nothing that happened this week is of any consequence, it just stacks up on top of everything else. When you are trying so hard and stuff happens it almost feels as if you are being mocked.
    I disagree there. Nothing in this world is inconsequential, in my opinion. You're the only person who can control how you feel, nobody can hurt you without your permission. Perhaps you need to take yourself less seriously, as I have found people who feel mocked are often a little uptight (not always).

If you truly believe that this weeks events are of no consequence, then you should look upon them as no more than events that have happened. Use this analogy: "It happened, it was bad, now it is over, so it is good." Example, "I burnt my dinner, which was bad because I was hungry. However, that was yesterday, today I can cook a better meal and I'll try not to burn it." Does that make sense? As much as I say take control of your situation, you can't control everything. So you have to be able to use what you've learnt to change your future.

I wish I could do something, I am trying to but I can barely focus, I feel drunk on emotion if that even makes any sense.

I don't have strength, not enough anyway, I obviously have just enough to survive but in some ways thats probably cos i dont have enough to die.
    Most of the battle is won, because you have already decided that you don't want to die. So the only other option is to live. You do have the strength, otherwise you would have already given up. Make a plan of action, itemise all the things that are bothering you, list them, cross off each one as you come to it. Don't start with the biggest problem, start with the smallest. The strength you'll gain from changing that one, small thing will propell you, even if it seems as insignificant as... I don't know, fixing a plug. Because it's one less negative thing.

I know this a long reply... I tend to get a little involved.

Like I said, I can't really help you profoundly over the internet, I'm not qualified and I don't know you personally. But if you ever want someone to talk to, even if you just want to rattle off your problems, I honestly don't mind, pm me. I find it very therapeutic helping and listening to other people, because it helps me understand my problems better too. When you place your issues in the wider context of the world you realise it's not so bad, or what you can do to make it better.

I hope I helped.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, your problems are nothing compared to some peoples, so quit whining and get over it.

(Original post by TKnightrider)
    Seriously, your problems are nothing compared to some peoples, so quit whining and get over it.
    You don't know what they are because I haven't mentioned them here in this thread so you are ill-equipped to judge.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.