The Student Room Group

Side effects of hair removal cream?

anon or delete please.

Hi,

im a guy, 16 years old. I have a lot of facial hair and some of it comes waaay up my cheek and I don't really want to shave there as I don't want my whole face covered in stubble when I'm older.

I've found out Nair have a hair removal cream. I know this is a female product, but I'm sure it will work on me just fine :smile:

Now my question is, does Nair have any side effects on the skin, such as making it slightly paler or redder or anything like that? I take it I just simply apply the cream onto the given area, leave it on for a while and then wash off?

Is it ok to use on the face? I might also use it to get rid of my monobrow and some very very small hairs on the bridge of my nose (barely noticeable, almost like teeny dots)

all help appreciated :smile:

Cream I'm hoping to buy: http://www.superdrug.com/invt/364037
i dont recommend that on your face
u might get ingrown hairs!! kinda spotty area after a while (when the new hair is comin thru)
Reply 3
Anonymous
anon or delete please.

Hi,

im a guy, 16 years old. I have a lot of facial hair and some of it comes waaay up my cheek and I don't really want to shave there as I don't want my whole face covered in stubble when I'm older.

I've found out Nair have a hair removal cream. I know this is a female product, but I'm sure it will work on me just fine :smile:

Now my question is, does Nair have any side effects on the skin, such as making it slightly paler or redder or anything like that? I take it I just simply apply the cream onto the given area, leave it on for a while and then wash off?

Is it ok to use on the face? I might also use it to get rid of my monobrow and some very very small hairs on the bridge of my nose (barely noticeable, almost like teeny dots)

all help appreciated :smile:

Cream I'm hoping to buy: http://www.superdrug.com/invt/364037

im a dude and i get my back waxed
not much to be ashamed of, its just hygiene and the like
i also use the tweezer to just make sure i have eyebrowS and not an eyebrow
again.. there isnt really much of a big deal

ive been told that hair removal creams are just like or similar to shaving, they wont reduce the amont of hair that grows.. thats where waxing comes to play
Reply 4
an_end_has_a_start
i dont recommend that on your face

Is there an alternative you could suggest?
have you tried waxing before?
you can get special strips for your face
Reply 6
Don't use that on your face. If you're intent on it, there is facial hair removing cream available, use that. It can make your skin redder though.
Reply 7
an_end_has_a_start
have you tried waxing before?
you can get special strips for your face

waxing his face would make his face look really light afterwoods.

i dont see the harm in the boy just shaving.. i mean i was in the same situation when i was young and when i shaved and it grew back there was not stubly hair in weird places, remember that some of those hairs on ur face are baby hairs so they arent really adult hairs that will live with ur face forever.
Reply 8
Be really careful, and do a patch test with the cream before you use it on your face, as they can really irritate some people and you don't want to end up with a scabby face. I personally don't use hair removal creams (I'm a girl, btw) as they bring me out in a rash, so it's a really good idea to test it first - just put a bit somewhere like the inside of your arm and leave it for twenty minutes or so, if there's no irritation or redness then you'll probably be ok to use it on your face, but be careful the first time you use it. You can sometimes get a bit of redness but the facial stuff isn't *that* heavy duty.

Waxing (you can buy facial wax strips) might be a better option, it's easier and cheaper but you do get redness. For the monobrow, plucking might be a better option than trying to wax it yourself, you don't want to accidentally take your eyebrow off :wink: Just invest in some decent tweezers (tweezerman are dear but fab) and go slowly.
Reply 9
Would this be a better option?:
http://www.superdrug.com/invt/666800
Reply 10
Anonymous
anon or delete please.

Hi,

Sorry, what?

Latest

Trending

Trending