Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After rugby today I walked into ALDI to meet my dad who was picking me up. Being knackered he let me take the keys and get into the car. As I walked out of the store and into the car park an ALDI worker asks if she can check my bag because I didn't buy anything but went in with a big sports bag. Being too tired and pissed off at the world to disagree and/or argue, I was a pushover and let her check my bag. I can't believe it, it was outside the store ffs! :mad:
    how can I stand up for myself in the future? I'm crap in arguments :o: I'm too nice

ReputationRep:
    Supermarkets are always on the lookout of people with sportbags in supermarkets due to their tendency to steal things without security tags, but still with value e.g. meat.

ReputationRep:
    lol, stealing from ALDI would be the chavviest thing ever

ReputationRep:
    Lol wth...they can't do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SovietRussiaFH)
    No, stealing from Lidl would be worse :P

ReputationRep:
    Just let them do it. Sorry, but from a retail point of view, it does look bad, and stock loss at a time like this just isn't good for businesses. And the last thing they want is for someone to get on their high horse and start complaining, when it's just procedure, and they don't want to do it any more than you do.

Plus, if you're innocent, what exactly have you got to hide?

ReputationRep:
    But even if they'd found your bag full of their stuff unless they'd seen you put it into you bag they wouldn't have got a conviction so it was pointless stopping you.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    Just let them do it. Sorry, but from a retail point of view, it does look bad, and stock loss at a time like this just isn't good for businesses. And the last thing they want is for someone to get on their high horse and start complaining, when it's just procedure, and they don't want to do it any more than you do.

Seconded.

ReputationRep:

OR, she could say no and keep walking.
    Nothing else they can do (without proof or something).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    Lol wth...they can't do that.
    why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    why not?
    Lol...don't know.....I understand why they would do that now.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    Lol...don't know.....I understand why they would do that now.:rolleyes:
    universal balance is restored

ReputationRep:
    i actually thought you meant there was a bleeding (blood) worker from ALDI

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^^^Looooool OMG

ReputationRep:
    It's not about whether or not you've got something to hide, it's about having the right to go about your business without being scrutinised, without being dealt with accusingly at every footstep, and I for one would have refused outright had anyone asked or even demanded to search my bag. It's the same argument, 'if you've nothing to hide.'

If you've nothing to hide just let everybody walk all over you and treat you as guilty until proven innocent in every walk of life? Isn't the onus on the accusing party to prove you are guilty rather than on the individual to prove they are innocent?

ReputationRep:
    Should've just said no and carried on walking. Oh well, try again next time, be vigilant, don't let people get away with this sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    To search you they have to have CCTV footage of you putting something into your bag and walking out of the door with it - without that they have no right to ask you to stop - you probs did the right thing as you had nothing to hide and it wasn't a big inconvenience, but if you really want to pull them up on it, just write a quick letter of complaint and you might get a few vouchers and an apology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SovietRussiaFH)
    hahaha im lolling

ReputationRep:

If you were in a clothes shop, would you lift up your top to show them your underwear to prove it wasn't stolen? :rolleyes:

I'd refuse. Same as I refused to have my school bag searched when teachers were checking for something.

Usually the phrase "go to hell" works.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I totally misinterpreted the thread title. I thought you witnessed ALDI workers bleeding to death or something.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread otherwise, sorry.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.