Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The memory is only around 250mb. Would I have enough room for say 7 or 8 games such as fifa, fable 2, elder scrolls on the memory or would I really need the standard 360 with the premium with 60gb memory.

And wtf @ the difference between 250mb and 60gb.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..Northern Soul)
    The memory is only around 250mb. Would I have enough room for say 7 or 8 games such as fifa, fable 2, elder scrolls on the memory or would I really need the standard 360 with the premium with 60gb memory.

And wtf @ the difference between 250mb and 60gb.

Cheers.
    You'd have enough room for purely saving the games you mentioned on it but extras such as saving replays on fifa and the many expansions available for elder scrolls and undoubtedly for fable 2 in the future would exceed that 250mb very quickly.

Yea the difference between the capacity is a bit weird but the prices of 360s have dropped so much now that buying a premium does not set you back much more than buying an arcade. Also you tend to get better games (1 or 2) in the premium 360 packages compared to the (3 or 4) poor games with the arcade.

I'd recommend just going for the premium as you'll fit everything available for all your games on it easily plus any films or music you want to put on it now or in the future.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Save Games are very small in comparison to the videos/games that you are able to download with a bigger hard drive, but 250mb is a lot more than enough for 8 games, I'd imagine.

60GB is roughly 240 times bigger than 250MB.

I'd also recoomend getting a premium, just because some XBL Games you can download are great.

ReputationRep:
    Elder Scrolls? Forget it.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys. I'll probably go the for standard then not the premium or arcade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..Northern Soul)
    Cheers guys. I'll probably go the for standard then not the premium or arcade
    There's no such thing as standard

Arcade: no HDD
    Premium: 60GB HDD
    Elite: 120GB HDD, black console

There are other differences in the packages, but I'd say the HD space is probably the most important factor.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.