Turn on thread page Beta

Does playing hard to get work? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    Are you suggesting I am a LESSER being? :shifty:
    Uh oh, people are getting annoyed with our discussion.

The mods will close in any minute....

But interpret my post as you will

ReputationRep:
    Don't make everything seem really calculated by playing games.
    If he thinks you don't like him he might lose interest and then you'd regret playing hard to get. Therefore, you need to ensure that he maintains an interest in you by expressing how you like him. Don't be excessive, just like keep texting, bumping into him etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That's exactly what I meant. It might sound childish to play games, but I'm not going to text back after a minute even if I have been hoping he'd text! What other advice do you have? e.g. don't initiate a text conversation twice in a row, and that kind of thing!
    Just obvious things, these aren't really game rules as such, it's just what most people do, well that I know of anyway. I wouldn't include a lot of x's, just stick with a set amount, i.e. usually one x, it's stupid when people start to add more x's to signify they like the person more and then remove them to show they don't like them as much, it turns into more of a dating weapon and that's childish imo.
    Just be genuine, don't appear easy, but just be yourself, meaning if you know he's into cars don't start dropping hints about being a lover of cars if you don't know anything about them, plus it'll look pretty random. I can't really think of anymore, I don't really text anymore

ReputationRep:
    FFS just ask him out

playing hard to get is an ego boosting immature childish game which is basically tramping over some one elses feelings to amke yourself feel good

anyone who did that to me would find me walking away damn quick

ReputationRep:
    I tried out the idea "treat them mean, keep them keen". Yeah it actually did work, but mainly because she is a slut.And now I regret it cos its almost 3 years later and she is still trying to get with me, which pisses my girlfriend of 2 and a half years off to no end...

ReputationRep:
    I used to play games a lot, and they worked well...but on guys that were pretty much undesirables. Most decent guys prefer you to be a bit more up front (but not desperate, obviously). Don't act like you don't like him, just don't make yourself overly available.

ReputationRep:
    Any decent guy will say "oh she dosn't like me" and stop. The ********s on the otherhand will be all over you.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the guy. If he thinks a lot of himself and is used to girls who throw themselves at him, then he won't be able to stand the idea that you might not be interested, and it could work, but if he's shy, he'll just assume you don't like him and give up.

(Original post by onthejubileeline)
    I used to play games a lot, and they worked well...but on guys that were pretty much undesirables. Most decent guys prefer you to be a bit more up front (but not desperate, obviously). Don't act like you don't like him, just don't make yourself overly available.
    I am showing interest, by texting him and sending messages on facebook. I just don't want to be overly available as you said. I just wanted some advice on how to show interest and not seem too available?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.