The Student Room Group

grade 7 in business good enough for Harvard?

I'm in year 11 atm and got a grade 7 in business studies last year for my GCSEs (we do 2 GCSEs in year 10 and then the rest in year 11) and so I was wondering if the grade 7 would be good enough to study business and management at a very good university like Harvard. If not I'm considering resitting business. Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
Each university has different requirements so you'll have to research into that further. A 7 is a very decent grade, equivalent to an A according to the previous grading system, and you still have the chance to do even better at A Levels. For GCSE's, they often look at your grades overall rather than what you got in each subject specifically (except for maths and English language).
a 7 in business is the least of your worries. harvard is extremely selective and takes a lot of things into consideration, including extra curriculars and the SAT/ACT. even then it is extremely unlikely for you to be admitted due to sheer numbers
this thread should help: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7084168
Original post by nxvraj
I'm in year 11 atm and got a grade 7 in business studies last year for my GCSEs (we do 2 GCSEs in year 10 and then the rest in year 11) and so I was wondering if the grade 7 would be good enough to study business and management at a very good university like Harvard. If not I'm considering resitting business. Thanks

Heya!
I would recommend having a look at the entry requirements on the Harvard page :h: In the UK it's a very good mark (congrats!) but usually, unis in the UK don't look too much into GCSEs (only Oxford), Cambridge would only look at overall GCSEs as a performance indicator. I'm sure Harvard also has other parts of the application process which you will need to focus on (very competitive so good luck!).

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 4
Thanks for your help everyone
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
I would recommend having a look at the entry requirements on the Harvard page :h: In the UK it's a very good mark (congrats!) but usually, unis in the UK don't look too much into GCSEs (only Oxford), Cambridge would only look at overall GCSEs as a performance indicator. I'm sure Harvard also has other parts of the application process which you will need to focus on (very competitive so good luck!).

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

entry requirements are not explicit in the us because they practice holistic admissions
Harvard College does not offer business/management undergraduate degree. This is the same in most of the Ivies + Stanford/Chicago. You may consider UPenn which is also an Ivy.
(edited 1 year ago)
Your grades don’t matter as long as you get an 8/7

This would give you a 4.0 GPA

Your biggest worry should be your extracurriculars because if you don’t have a Nobel peace prize good luck getting into Harvard

Quick Reply

Latest