The Student Room Group

Birth Certificate + Student ID to get into clubs?

Okay so I have always been just carrying around my passport to get into clubs (stupid I know, I never applied for a provisional driving licence as I never really wanted to learn to drive!) but lost it on Wednesday, and have found out that it will take 15 days to get a provisional driving licence so basically 2 weeks without going out :frown: But do you think taking my Student ID (Name + Photo) and a Birth Certificate (Name + Date of Birth) might work in the short-term?? (Because obviously the Student ID doesn't have a DOB)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
tymbnuip
Okay so I have always been just carrying around my passport to get into clubs (stupid I know, I never applied for a provisional driving licence as I never really wanted to learn to drive!) but lost it on Wednesday, and have found out that it will take 15 days to get a provisional driving licence so basically 2 weeks without going out :frown: But do you think taking my Student IT (Name + Photo) and a Birth Certificate (Name + Date of Birth) might work in the short-term??

I suppose it would, but people might look at you a bit strangely for carrying your birth certificate around with you.:wink:
Reply 2
Student Id will not work.. and I think birth certificates may work...

As far as i know bouncers only accept national id, drivers licence, and passport.
Reply 3
hahah who the **** takes their birth certificate to a club?

student ID wont work.. stupid really

take your passport.
can you not cope with not going out for 2 weeks?
Reply 5
In short, no. Driving license or passport.
Reply 6
Either passport/Driving licence
unless your a policeman with a warrant card or simimar etc...
Provisionals can come in as little as a week, Depends how busy they are tbh.
Just don't go out for two weeks. It's not like your going to die or anything.

And no, bouncers will probably not accept it, there is no point making an exception for one person, because then everyone will start to bitch. Passport or driving licence.
Reply 8
sorry, i just found the whole thread too boring to read thru all the posts, you know how it be

well they're just going to have to wait then
stupid fool for losing their passport.
Reply 9
Exactement. :wink:
Provisionals do not take 15 days to come through!!! Mine took about 3/4 days-just don't go out for 2 weeks then-it won't kill you...losing your birth certificate would also be more trouble than a night out is worth.
Student/regular ID works round here :s-smilie:
kiss__this_x
Student/regular ID works round here :s-smilie:

Yea my friend forgot her licence one evening we went out and all she had was her student ID card. She explained to the bouncer and he said yea, that's fine and let her in. :s-smilie:
Birth certificate would never be accepted as it is not photo proof. How would they know it's you? Don't waste your time trying it
Have you not tried going back to where you lost your passport to see if it got handed in? Either that or the nearest police station.. It's worth a shot!!

To answer your question, the chances are it won't work. My provisional only took a few days to arrive though, not 2 weeks. Depends on how busy they are I guess though.
Reply 15
lolilady---O
Birth certificate would never be accepted as it is not photo proof. How would they know it's you? Don't waste your time trying it

Showing it with my Student ID, as that supplements the DOB (and has name etc.)
Reply 16
You could try using your ID and Birth certificate, and just tell them that you lost your passport and explain that your waiting for your provisional to come through.
Tbh, I doubt that latter approach would work.

The best I could recommend is just to wait for the new (accepted) ID to arrive, and just have an EPIC night out then. Sorry about your situation; good luck :smile:
Reply 18
Provisionals don't take 15 days to arrive, more like 5. :smile:
Reply 19
Surely you'd be more bothered about your lost passport rather than going for two weeks without going out on the lash?

Latest