Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Provisionals don't take 15 days to arrive, more like 5.

ReputationRep:
    Surely you'd be more bothered about your lost passport rather than going for two weeks without going out on the lash?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)
    sorry, i just found the whole thread too boring to read thru all the posts, you know how it be

well they're just going to have to wait then
    stupid fool for losing their passport.
    It was in the very first post! Even if the thread is making your head numb at least read that before responding with something completely unhelpful.

And no, many places will not accept anything but a passport or a driving license. At some you'd just be mocked. You're probably best staying in for a while until it turns up

ReputationRep:
    Taking your birth certificate out is a stupid, stupid idea. You're going to need it for countless more important things in your life, and if you can't manage to take your passport out without losing/damaging it, how will you manage a flimsy 18+ year old of paper? Just don't go out. You lost your passport, deal with it. Don't put your birth certificate at risk. Just wait until your provisional comes in. It shouldn't really take 2 weeks to come through...

ReputationRep:
    wont work as a PHOTO id is required i.e. driving licence/passport

ReputationRep:
    since when has a birth certificate had a picture on it...x

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    It provides no more proof than just taking a student card. Really you need a driving licence or passport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattgeezer)
    unless your a policeman with a warrant card or simimar etc...
    Eh? The police can enter any licenced premisis when they are serving alcohol without warning and without any formal reasoning.

OP; Driving licence or passport only, club security do not have time to try and work out if the student card is real (quite often they arnt) or if the birth certificate is real.

The only hope you have in the world is that your female with particullay large breast presented in a very obvious way, the club is either quiet or its early, and that you can flirt like hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Taking your birth certificate out is a stupid, stupid idea. You're going to need it for countless more important things in your life, and if you can't manage to take your passport out without losing/damaging it, how will you manage a flimsy 18+ year old of paper? Just don't go out. You lost your passport, deal with it. Don't put your birth certificate at risk. Just wait until your provisional comes in. It shouldn't really take 2 weeks to come through...
    Exactly. Losing a birth certificate is also worth than losing your passport, your whole identity can be stolen, i.e. with it somebody can pretend to be you, and as a result you yourself might end up having quite a bit of trouble because of that.

ReputationRep:
    As will have already been said, the rules state:

- Passport
    - Driving License
    - PASS-logo ID card

The PASS-logo one is often rejected, however, as bouncers see them as easily forgeable. My brother runs a significant club and he's said to me before that PASS-logo cards are rejected by his place, too.

Birth certificates have no picture so I wouldn't bother taking it. I've tried student ID at bars before to same effect, too, although I suppose at places frequented by University students they might, might let you in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura373)
    Surely you'd be more bothered about your lost passport rather than going for two weeks without going out on the lash?
    My thoughts exactly!!!

ReputationRep:
    Birth certificate doesn't prove your ID at all because it isn't photographic. All it proves is that somebody with your name was born :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Are the places you usually go to VERY strict on the whole ID thing? Wont the bouncers recognise you? Im only 17 and when i go out in Bolton/Manchester, i take my bro's ID with me, but i've only ever needed it in 1 place. You could try your way, Wait in and don't go out for 2 weeks, or risk it for a biscuit and don't take any ID with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    Eh? The police can enter any licenced premisis when they are serving alcohol without warning and without any formal reasoning.

OP; Driving licence or passport only, club security do not have time to try and work out if the student card is real (quite often they arnt) or if the birth certificate is real.

The only hope you have in the world is that your female with particullay large breast presented in a very obvious way, the club is either quiet or its early, and that you can flirt like hell.
    I didnt particulary mean on duty, i ment when off duty if your profession requires you to have somthing as such as formal id they normally accept it.

ReputationRep:
    Hence the student ID? Combining the pair sounds solid im gunna try it out on saturday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big **** olaf 69)
    **** off yuou little ***** **** I will get in with what I want to get in dumb ****ing **** retard **** off
    Whoa what the hell is wrong with your username
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    2008 thread :indiff:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.