Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To be fair, girl, you look better in a skirt. I endorse the OP's message, I'm just a bit more subtle about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linda helena)
    Because we get cold, and baffling as it may be, looking attractive is not always our number 1 priority.
    I am not a woman, but whenever I've worn a skirt (a kilt) I have always noticed it to be as warm, or warmer than trousers.

Women can still look sexy in trousers. Especially tight ones, unless they eat too many pies, then they looks awful.

ReputationRep:
    I never, EVER wear jeans.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's no longer the 1800s....and they're comfy.
    And I don't care that YOU think they're unattractive.

OH and lol at the 'you'll never get boys' comment...funny that 98% of the time I wear jeans AND I have a boyfriend. I've had several infact. Amazing huh :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And if its dead windy, you look like a right floosy when your skirt/dress exposes your knickers, even if they retain some modesty under tights.

Plus tights aren't that warm. Even thick ones. I normally reinforce mine with a pair of knee socks hidden under my boots.

And, er, yeah, before I forget...eff off. Wearing jeans that fit can be every bit as sexy if not more so than skirts and dresses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjamin2k)
    [email protected] feminist girls giving me neg rep for this..none of you have left your names though girls? you'll never get guys if you don't dress like girls though so let that be a lesson to you
    Lol at your basic generalisations. Every girl who stands up for her liberty is a feminist. Anyone who disagrees with you will be single for ever. And not to forget, every girl is clearly straight. Dream on lol!

ReputationRep:
    [email protected] feminist girls giving me neg rep for this..none of you have left your names though girls? you'll never get guys if you don't dress like girls though so let that be a lesson to you
    and you'll never get a girl if you keep being a prick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Lol at your basic generalisations. Every girl who stands up for her liberty is a feminist. Anyone who disagrees with you will be single for ever. And not to forget, every girl is clearly straight. Dream on lol!
    Yeah, anyway I live in skirts and dresses and I still think you're a moron or a troll OP

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with you girl..guys like a girl in skirts and dresses..don't you realise how unflattering jeans are??
    I personally couldn't care less, not least because, like most 'guys', I prefer my girls without hypothermia. Shut up.

ReputationRep:
    OP stop being an imbecile most girls look better in jeans and if they don't they probably don't look good anyway.

ReputationRep:
    not to mention the cold.
    Never mind tights - you couldnt stand up to a harsh winter in tights and a skirt :|

You think that is "proper" dress for a woman?
    In that case, yes, I want to look masculine.

Are the boobs not a bit of a giveaway, no?

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand people who're incapable of seeing that different people have different opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jointhedots)
    Yeah, anyway I live in skirts and dresses and I still think you're a moron or a troll OP
    The point is, that your choice. Everyone should be able to wear what they want, be it men in kilts or girls in jeans. It shouldn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even own a skirt! Far to girly for me, actually wearing skirts and dresses used to make me really embarrased to be in front of guys, used to make me feel weak and not as good as them.

ReputationRep:
    Jeans are still flattering, especially if they're tight. You can get girly jeans!

About us not getting any guys...ha. So wrong.

ReputationRep:
    So women are only here to be looked at, and have their bodies perved at by males? So our comfort isn't important? So that the medias perception of 'femininity' MUST be right? So men can dress as they wish, whereas women must make an effort?

Here's a few things for you to consider -

- dresses and skirts don't have pockets. A handbag is far more likely to be stolen than things kept in pockets.
    - not all girls are happy with the way they look and wish to cover their selves. Just the same as some men.
    - skirts/dresses can blow up when it's windy, why should we have to worry about that, as well as trying to keep warm?
    - most shoes that go with skirts/dresses aren't that comfy.
    - jeans can be flattering!
    - skirts and shirts remind me of my previous school uniforms. I wore them for years, so now I want to wear something comfortable, flexible and warm. Why is that so problematic?
    - wearing skirts/dresses means clean shaven/waxed legs all the time! V time consuming!

Jeans/Trousers are a lot easier and comfier for me. Although I have started making more of an effort to wear dresses, starting with my knitted jumper dresses with tights which are sooo lovely and snug and in fact a lot comfier than jeans/trousers tbh :ninjagirl:.

ReputationRep:
    It's cold isn't a good reason..so if it's hot guys could wear skirts..I don't think so..look you're girls so you should dress like girls should..and jeans and trousers are guys clothes..you can wear tights under your skirts ffs..
    Benjamin, 1875 called, they're wondering when you're coming back.

ReputationRep:
    My jeans emphasise my figure (which is actually alright) whereas skirts don't so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    I am not a woman, but whenever I've worn a skirt (a kilt) I have always noticed it to be as warm, or warmer than trousers.

Women can still look sexy in trousers. Especially tight ones, unless they eat too many pies, then they looks awful.
    Jeans are warmer than skirts. Fact.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.