Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Women should only wear skirts and dresses. Maybe even make it the law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliverp)
    Just out of interest, do you have a girlfriend?

ReputationRep:
    1. It's winter. Skirts and shorts are cold.
    2. Jeans are far more comfortable and practical, you can't run, go up freestanding stairs, bend over or sit comfortably with a skirt.
    3. I am in a steady long-term relationship and don't give a **** how I look to other guys.
    4. Even if I was single, I'd never date someone so shallow. Personality is worth more than legs.
    5. Pervy old guys leer at you when you wear a skirt.
    6. Skirts feel very vulnerable to wear - there's nothing really 'protecting' your crotch.
    7. Wearing a skirt isn't necessary in my degree or job - my brain is.

ReputationRep:
    As I type I am sporting a good ol' denim skirt and tights - what do you mean we ALWAYS wear trousers?? We like to have the choice though, dammit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xTazx)
    ...."applebottom jeans, boots with the furs *high pitched* with the furrrrr"....
    its not high pitched, its only a minor 3rd jump [/theory geek]

but yup, still agreeing that its ok for girls to wear jeans!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjamin2k)
    I don't hate women..I'm trying to help you..funny how you girls shoot me down for saying girls should be girls when you all love being girly really..why do you have to pretend to be like males when you aren't?
    I'm sorry, we're 'pretending to be like males' by wearing trousers? If you hadn't realised already, fashion is a social construct, it changes over time.

Think about it, the Romans wore togas (and funnily enough they resemble dresses in a way, don't you think?) and don't forget the ol' tunics from Tudor times that were very popular with the men! So you see, placing 'skirts and dresses' in the female category and 'trousers' in the male category is ridiculous. Grow up, no one's trying to copy you and your precious gender!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliverp)
    People like Oliverp should be castrated. Definitely should make it the law :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valjean)
    its not high pitched, its only a minor 3rd jump [/theory geek]

but yup, still agreeing that its ok for girls to wear jeans!
    T-pain would beg to differ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by button8)
    We wear them to annoy you OP :yep:
    :laugh:

but i really think that girls do look pretty when wearing a skirt. It makes them look more feminine...which i find attractive

i did asked one of my friend to wear a skirt in one occasion, she refuse to saying that it's hard to move on those thing....well i've tried

ReputationRep:
    Because skirts are uncomfortable, and jeans and trousers are not.

Also, I don't care what guys think.

ReputationRep:
    I like dresses and skirts too, its a shame that some girls never wear them, but I also find jeans sexy on girls... variety is the spice of life, but given the choice I'd pick someone who wore mostly skirts and dresses (especially casual summer dresses, dresses seam more rare than skirts these days...) and sometimes wore jeans.

ReputationRep:
    b/c i have an arse and skirts/dresses "sit" on it, therefore it's at least two inches shorter in the back than in the front.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate women..I'm trying to help you..funny how you girls shoot me down for saying girls should be girls when you all love being girly really..why do you have to pretend to be like males when you aren't?
    It may have escaped your notice, but wearing women's jeans doesn't equate to 'pretending to be like males'...oh and for the record, you're not female so don't pretend you know what we 'love really'. I wear jeans because they're comfortable, not because I'm trying to be a man. :rolleyes:

In any case, whether or not a woman looks good in jeans/trousers is a matter of personal taste - many men like it (my boyfriend for one )

ReputationRep:
    Because jeans/trousers are warmer

ReputationRep:
    Didn't your mother ever tell you that it'd just inflame your sexual ardour to a silly amount if we wear skirts?

I'd work on covering up the table legs too, seeing as you seem to be from the 1800s.

ReputationRep:
    Because we don't give a **** what sexist guys like you think, and we're not here to please men like yourself?

It's not exactly in our genetic makeup that guys wear trousers, girls wear skirts, what a lot of ****. Get a grip OP and good luck finding a girlfriend with those attitudes.

ReputationRep:
    It's cold isn't a good reason..so if it's hot guys could wear skirts..I don't think so..look you're girls so you should dress like girls should..and jeans and trousers are guys clothes..you can wear tights under your skirts ffs..
    your a ****.
    get over yourself its called practiaclity girls dont wear skirts just to please men. stop enforcing your stupid stereotypical views on females just because your idea of a perfect girl is wearing a skirt at home doing the cooking cleaning. your a sick **** who needs to go out and get yourself run over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la.de.da)
    Sometimes we don't want to, it's cold. Piss off.
    Haha :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    The OP is clearly a stupid ****.

ReputationRep:
    girls..don't you realise how much more attractive and feminine you look in dresses and skirts?..but these days all you wear is jeans and trousers..you barely ever see a girl in proper girl clothes now!

What's wrong with you girls??
    I like men in skirts :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.