Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The Italian girl that's living with us is really bossy and she's always moaning at me for certain things but she doesn't so it with anyone else. She likes the kitchen spotless- she had a go at me for leaving a box of cereal and a tupperware pot out as a reminder for work. She just had a go at me now 5 mins after I got out the shower, telling me to clean it. I was like, "Obviously I'm going to but give me a minute!" Her friend whose visiting had been in there before me as well and hadn't cleaned it.

If I ask her to do something- like in response I asked her to watch how loudly she speaks, as its basically shouting, and she was disturbing my revision, she just goes, "Yeah well I'm going out now bye."

I'm writing her a note telling her to stop picking on me cos I'm doing my best. Is there any other way I can get her to leave me alone? It annoys me how she picks on me for things yet if she's done something wrong she doesn't care. I can see that what I'm doing might be annoying, but she doesn't give me any time to sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry.. but LOL.. i love all these flatmate dynamics they are hilarious.

I think a note really isn't the answer, as it'll just esculate and you'll end up in the middle of a huge post-it note war. Which could be quite amusing really, but won't solve your problems. Just ignore her, youve as much right to leave stuff in the kitchen as anyone else, so long as you're not leaving stuff in the way of everyone else or leaving mouldy dishes there for days then theres probably not a huge problem. Telling her to mind how loudly she speaks tho could be seen as a bit rude..

ReputationRep:
    I know, I find it quite funny.

That's the problem. I know she can't help it but its pretty much shouting. You can hear her anywhere in the house, and I'm trying not to be offensive. So I said that I could hear her whole conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Don't write a note, she will lose any respect she ever had for you.

Just sit her down and tell her straight.

ReputationRep:
    ^Lol yh ermm I would just ignore her..

ReputationRep:
    tell her to her face. a note will look weak, and therefore she will continue to bully you

ReputationRep:
    you could try and out nasty her to kind of give her an idea of how it feels, it depends if you think she's a person that people dont really stand up to and would benefit from the experience, or you could pretend to be weird and she might leave you alone. Try double blinking, disjointed speech, talk to a plant regulary ...

OR! talk to her directly, ask her if she particulary has a problem with you. (she seems to have a lot of issues with cleaning, OCD?)

ReputationRep:
    If you are gonna take the post-it note route though: some inspiration.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not normally a note person, I just really don't like her. I think I'll have to speak to her.

OCD has already been suggested I think its quite funny.

ReputationRep:
    be as mean to her as she is of you and frequently remind her how awful she is to live with...she fdoesnt sound like the kind of person who would change her behaviour, you may as well give as good as she does dont let it bother you, just be the bigger person (only have more fun with it! ) x

ReputationRep:
    Tell her your in love with her dominate mannor and would like to know how much she charges for the full dominatrix experience.

Or just ignore her?

ReputationRep:
    She fancies You.........

ReputationRep:
    Here is a good phrase I learnt the other day to relinquish myself of responsibility for my insane friend and her insane antics whilst clubbing.. Questo non e mio problema - this is not my problem. I'd just say that next time you get moaned at for something which is nothing to do with you.

ReputationRep:
    i have zero knowledge on this subject... however! Politely tell her it will get done, but if she's that bothered to do it her-god-dam-self. Then swiftly walk off! Don't even give her the slightest chance to respond, that will really piss her off. Its all about power plays, and if you deny her the chance to act powerful she will be knackered. Eventually she will get the message it might take a few altercations though before the penny drops!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.