Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview about a month ago and have heard nothing since apart from about a week after the interview when I received acknowledgment of my application!

Is it a bad sign that I haven't heard anything since the interview? Also, what about how I received my acknowledgment a couple of weeks after I received my invitation to interview?

The only thing I can think of about my application that is slightly out of the ordinary is that I called them to reschedule my interview to an earlier date (I couldn't make the original)

Should I be worried?

ReputationRep:
    Phone em up tomorow and explain what's happened. I wouldn't be worried, unis sometimes take a LONG time getting back to you. But the only way to put your mind at rest is to call and find out for sure.

ReputationRep:
    No, they have to wait for everyone before they make all their decisions.

What you should be worried about is your political views, so wrong.

ReputationRep:
    PANIC LIKE YOU'VE NEVER PANICKED BEFORE!

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    PANIC LIKE YOU'VE NEVER PANICKED BEFORE!

:woo:
    :cool:

That'll come shortly after getting to Imperial and realising you actually have to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    :cool:

That'll come shortly after getting to Imperial and realising you actually have to work.
    Been there, done that, drank the memory away. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    Been there, done that, drank the memory away. :p:
    Really? I haven't seen you working once!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    Really? I haven't seen you working once!

No, no. I've realised I have to work. I just haven't, er, got round to it yet... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Pah! You can avoid work like the plague at Imperial....just end up with a Drinking Degree, tis all....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehh)
    Pah! You can avoid work like the plague at Imperial....just end up with a Drinking Degree, tis all....
    Indeed. There's so little assessed stuff during the year (don't try telling me that APSs are hard) that it's very easy to just not do any work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Indeed. There's so little assessed stuff during the year (don't try telling me that APSs are hard) that it's very easy to just not do any work!
    It sure is. :p: I almost wish it wasn't, I'm so gonna fail. This year, if you get <40% in any one module, you get kicked out.

ReputationRep:
    Well you get to resit but thats not exactly what you want to be aiming for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    It sure is. :p: I almost wish it wasn't, I'm so gonna fail. This year, if you get <40% in any one module, you get kicked out.
    O_o
    Since when?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    O_o
    Since when?
    I think he's got that slightly wrong. We got some big scare lecture about how easy it is for us to get kicked out. I spent most of it just panicking, but from what i can remember - it's less than 40% in any lab/seminar unit, we automatically get kicked out and if we fail and then fail a september resit in any of the others then we also get kicked out.

^^that may also be slightly wrong... i spent most of the time thinking that maybe i should do a problem sheet for the first time.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware...

You have to pass 3.5 units to progress to second year, or 3.0 units with an overall mark >40% (that number may be a bit off, though). You can then retake in september, if you pass you get the unit but only the raw pass mark.

Seriously guys, it's pretty hard to fail a module. It's even harder to fail 2 and then fail the resits. You won't be kicked out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    As far as I'm aware...

You have to pass 3.5 units to progress to second year, or 3.0 units with an overall mark >40% (that number may be a bit off, though). You can then retake in september, if you pass you get the unit but only the raw pass mark.

Seriously guys, it's pretty hard to fail a module. It's even harder to fail 2 and then fail the resits. You won't be kicked out.
    The system is being amended slightly for this year, but I wasn't paying much attention so I'm not really sure. They're getting rid of the possibility of getting a third, I remember that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    As far as I'm aware...

It's not just the overall mark this year. If you drop beneath 40% in any single module or unit, and fail the resit, you're a drop-out failure good-for-nothing-sonofa*****. Labs and seminars can't be retaken, if we get less than 40% in either we're gonners. :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.