Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    He'd be out of that door faster than he could blink.

ReputationRep:
    My last boyfriend nearly broke my jaw. And I stayed. DON'T ask me why, I have absolutely no idea. Although we are not together now.

ReputationRep:
    Describe the situation.

ReputationRep:
    If my boyfriend punched me... He would not be my boyfriend. And why would i be ashamed ?

ReputationRep:
    Unforgiveable imo

ReputationRep:
    Goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    I would have nothing to say to him. I'd just pretty much end it right there. Punching someone, girlfriend or boyfriend isn't right.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably punch him back twice as hard and then walk out and never see him again.

I dont agree with violence but if my own bf did that i think i'd just lose it and do it out of anger!

ReputationRep:
    Depends what SORT of punch.

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as a second chance when it comes to this.

ReputationRep:
    If my boyfriend punched me, I would ball bust him.

Well, I don't have a boyfriend at the moment. But yeah.

ReputationRep:
    You're saying your boyfriend punched you? If he did hes an ass. I can't tell you what I would do, since im a guy, and im not gay. If my girlfriend punched me...we'll im sure thats never gonna happen but if she did I'd be pretty pissed. Still no excuse to hit a woman tho. If your boyfriend did punch you...dump his ass immediately. Theres no need to hang around abusive pricks. Reporting him to the police might be a good idea as well. And about the ashamed thing...no. No one should be ashamed that they got abused, it's not their fault, it's not 'cuz of something they did, it's the other person that's messed up for hitting a partner. That's just wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I could actually face him again. I'd be horrified.

To be honest, if there was going to be any hitting in our relationship, I imagine it would be me doing it, and if it was, I would actually leave myself.

ReputationRep:
    I'd get our kid to break his neck.

If I was a woman that is.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously I would dump him. And no I would not be ashamed of the possibility that the same thing could happen again.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's any excuse for domestic violence really, although perhaps if you hit him first it might be forgivable. On the other hand, two people who exchange blows shouldn't be together at all.

ReputationRep:
    if my boyfriend punched me my first thought would be

wtf am doing having a boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    would make a funny story though

ReputationRep:
    I'd punch him in the balls, then leave him (preferably writhing on the floor)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.