Turn on thread page Beta

If your boyfriend punched you. watch

ReputationRep:
    A proper punch? Hit him back, dump him, and get my dad and brothers onto him

Any less severe laying on of violent hands, like shoving or a bit of a slap, would require a serious apology, and if it happened again that'd be that done.

ReputationRep:
    I'd dump him in a shot. I have too much respect for myself and love myself too much. Then again, I think that's easier said than done. Don't most women in abusive relationships stay with the guy... at least for a while?

ReputationRep:
    I could never imagine doing that to a girl.

ReputationRep:
    guys should not punch girls. simple. even if a girl was hitting me I'd try to restrain her rather than cracking her in the jaw first ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brouhaha)
    Would you just dump them immediately?
    Would you be "ashamed"?
    or would there be some situations where it'd be... I don't know... a forgiveable offense?
    This situation is pretty central for me and I'm wondering what people's opinions are.
    i'll make sure he's unconcious before i chuck him out of my window.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'd get the hell out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    Depends what SORT of punch.
    Yeah, what if it was a sexy punch ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Yeah, what if it was a sexy punch ?
    YEAH! it might be part of some sexy punch ritual.
    Then It'd be quite fun. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If she punched me first, I'd bloody floor her. Screw this "don't hit girls" crap.

ReputationRep:
    I would knock him the **** out, knock him out with some valium and send the tip of his fingernail to his Mother recorded next day delivery with a note attached letting him know is ass is not only dumped but he needs to leave the country pronto.

ReputationRep:
    Would you be "ashamed"?
    or would there be some situations where it'd be... I don't know... a forgiveable offense?
    This situation is pretty central for me and I'm wondering what people's opinions are.
    I'd be more concerned that I was in a relationship with a guy when I'm heterosexual!

But seriously, guys who use violence as a tool of control are disgusting people. Get rid of them, fast, because anyone does better than that. Don't feel ashamed either, its them that should feel ashamed. It's never forgiveable, because if you forgive, they don't learn and it gives it approval... get out of it, because its such a slippery path and can really crush people.

Same for women who hit men.

ReputationRep:
    I'd walk out of wherever we were there and then, no doubt about it.

ReputationRep:
    dump him,easy as that.
    A gentleman wouldn't punch his gf,what more a full force punch?!

wtf.was he outta his mind?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    Depends what SORT of punch.
    http://hoserhockey.com/hoser/phpBB2/...nkey-punch.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I've had a dream before where I was being attacked and as a 'reaction' in the dream I span round in bed and elbowed my girlfriend in the face (broke her nose).

I didn't forgive myself for ages, amazingly she forgave me pretty instantly really

I'd punch him back . . .I remembered my ex pushed me and I pushed him back - he didn't expect it and never did it again.

ReputationRep:
    Would you be "ashamed"?
    firstly id punch him straight back square in the face. then id report him for ABH and never see him again.

ReputationRep:
    Don't take all that advice about punching him back...girl's dont really stand a chance in a fight with a guy. At least not from my perspective. Just dont ever speak to the guy again. take it from me if he did it once HES GONNA DO IT AGAIN. Forget that ******.

ReputationRep:
    DAYUM that donkey's Fiiiiiine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalmonkey)
    I would knock him the **** out, knock him out with some valium and send the tip of his fingernail to his Mother recorded next day delivery with a note attached letting him know is ass is not only dumped but he needs to leave the country pronto.
    you'd need a sack load of valium for that. you'd need a way stronger, faster acting benzo with stronger hypnotic properties.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.