The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
lolimemma
most women in abusive relationships stay with the guy...

and why is that? care to share some experiences or stories...
Reply 61
vapid slut magician
firstly id punch him straight back square in the face. then id report him for ABH and never see him again.
Hey Mike Tyson :wink:
Reply 62
annarchy
I'd give him "The Stare" and leave.

None of this wimpering nonsense; if he beat me up thoroughly, a trip to the police station would be in order. Depending on the situation that precedes it, and the level of commitment we have, a stun-hit might be forgiven after weeks of pleading.

i think this is the best answer so far. +rep for you :smile:

i think if a girl just stares and you and suddenly leave...then there must be something horribly wrong that you've done...it gives me the nightmares lol
I suggest you leave him. I was in a violent relationship for three years, and believe me, I thought it was just a "one time thing" at first. But it turned into an absolute nightmare that I wouldn't wish any woman to go through. So don't go back to him.
Reply 64
All of you saying you would fight back...yeah good one, that isn't going to piss him off more. Just walk out the door.
If he hit you once he will do it again. Taking him back will show him that there are no consequences to what he did and it's ok to beat you. Oh, and you might want to tell people what he did so they don't keep believing he's a decent person.

If you take him back believing 'he didn't mean it' or 'he'll change' I have no sympathy for whatever happens to you.
I'd punch him back, then get rid.
I'd castrate him back.
Depends really - if it was in the heat of the moment during an argument which we were both saying stuff then I would probably punch him back - have a massive row and then make up again. (Done this many a time for some reason - my ex broke my nose once with his forehead and I still stayed).

If it was completely unprovoked and he lost his temper then i would end it I think.
Reply 69
Kick the crap out of him, then dump him, then tell all your mates hes a girl hitting fiend.
Reply 70
Zamolxes
You're saying your boyfriend punched you? If he did hes an ass. I can't tell you what I would do, since im a guy, and im not gay. If my girlfriend punched me...we'll im sure thats never gonna happen but if she did I'd be pretty pissed. Still no excuse to hit a woman tho. If your boyfriend did punch you...dump his ass immediately. Theres no need to hang around abusive pricks. Reporting him to the police might be a good idea as well. And about the ashamed thing...no. No one should be ashamed that they got abused, it's not their fault, it's not 'cuz of something they did, it's the other person that's messed up for hitting a partner. That's just wrong.

Double standards surely?
Well, I'd never have a boyfriend so it's an irrelevance, but I would say that any bloke who punches his girlfriend had better have a darn good reason. As in she's possessed by Satan or Beelzebub or something. Otherwise he'd deserve a punch back and a visit from the police.

Edit: I've thought of another justifiable situation in which you could punch a girl - but she'd have to be very kinky indeed, I feel.
Brouhaha

Okay... so this is my ex-boyfriend.
He punched me full force and gave me a black eye...
and (HAHA) I'm still in love with him!
And he's trying to persuade me to get back with him. He's very smooth talking and everyone else thinks he's a darling. I've never told anyone about this, I don't know why, I disguised the black eye and pretended I was ill... haha. Idiot that I am. I just felt stupid for going out with such a bastard.
I don't think I'll take him back, but he gets to me. Yeah... that's my issue.

I was once in a very similar situation. My then-boyfriend was going through a horrendous time and lashed out at me giving me a black eye. He claimed to hate himself for what he'd done, promised never to do it again etc.. and I took him back. I cared deeply for him and I understand how difficult it is to walk away.

However, when we got back together I couldn't trust him. Although he didn't hit me again I'd flinch whenever he touched me. I ended it a few months later as I just couldn't get past what he'd done.

I know it's hard to walk away but that's probably what you need to do. Your feelings for him won't have evaporated with that punch but I doubt you'll ever be able to trust him again. Also, he should be ashamed, not you.
It depends. If you just full-on kicked him in the balls with no provocation he has every right to lamp you.

Also, I used to play fight with my ex, and we'd occasionally catch eachother, but we'd both always stop and usually have sex to make up.

It could also have been a complete complete accident, like reaction surprising him when he's angry punching a bag or something.

But unprovoked domestic violence is a big, big no-no.
Reply 74
Brouhaha
Would you just dump them immediately?
Would you be "ashamed"?
or would there be some situations where it'd be... I don't know... a forgiveable offense?
This situation is pretty central for me and I'm wondering what people's opinions are.

I would consider it a reminder not to date other men.
I'd punch him back. Hard.
Reply 76
Antonia87
My last boyfriend nearly broke my jaw. And I stayed. DON'T ask me why, I have absolutely no idea. Although we are not together now.

if that was me id have chopped off his ballocks when he was asleep
LukeatForest

I've thought of another justifiable situation in which you could punch a girl - but she'd have to be very kinky indeed, I feel.

owh? And what is that reason?
vapid slut magician
my criminal record begs to differ

Word :wink:
Reply 79
Brouhaha
Would you just dump them immediately?
Would you be "ashamed"?
or would there be some situations where it'd be... I don't know... a forgiveable offense?
This situation is pretty central for me and I'm wondering what people's opinions are.

It's unforgivable in my opinion. Punching anyone is a pretty bad offense. But for someone who's supposed to care for their boyfriend/girlfriend, punches should not be thrown.

If I was in that position, I'd break up with him, report him to the police, and vow never to speak to him ever again. Violence disgusts me.

Latest

Trending

Trending