The Student Room Group

Distance vs Physical

Hi there,

I want to apply for an online full time course, is this classed as distance learning? I am conscious of student finance , and im unsure if i will get maintance loan ect for student finance, so im unsure if i will get the same finance doing full time distance learning then being physically in a university. As i know you get grants / maintance if you are physically attending university, but im unsure if you will get this with distance learning? I know roughly i would get about 9k attending a physical uni, but unsure if this will be less or the same if i am doing full time online learning.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by BFord1991
Hi there,

I want to apply for an online full time course, is this classed as distance learning? I am conscious of student finance , and im unsure if i will get maintance loan ect for student finance, so im unsure if i will get the same finance doing full time distance learning then being physically in a university. As i know you get grants / maintance if you are physically attending university, but im unsure if you will get this with distance learning? I know roughly i would get about 9k attending a physical uni, but unsure if this will be less or the same if i am doing full time online learning.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Hi there,

You would only be assessed for this if you are studying distance learning due to a disability that prevents you from physically attending a university. We would also require evidence of this.

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending