Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A question for the laydeez Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you like being called 'cute'?
    I like
    52.44%
    I don't like
    7.32%
    I prefer something more specific (eyes/smile/style etc)
    23.17%
    My ***** shield blocks all compliments
    17.07%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I think I'm a bit old to be called 'cute' now TBH :s:
    cara! That's not true :hugs: You're not old, either.

ReputationRep:
    There are so many words in the english language, it just seems a little, unoriginal.
    I got called 'cute' today, and tbh, I really can't see myself as cute; I'm actually far from cute - I'm abrasive and opinionated most of the time, so find it hard to relate to the word cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    cara! That's not true :hugs: You're not old, either.
    Neh, I dont really consider myself 'cute' doesnt seem to sit well with me, and I dont think I've ever been called cute once I went over the age of 13 :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, calling a girl cute, or hot or whatever, is not so good. What I think you should do is tell them why, for example, I like the way your ears wiggle when you smile, it's cute. Or: I like your neck, it's long and elegant, it really suits you.

Note: I know both of these are quite rubbish compliments, I was just giving examples of the style. Saying to a girl, "you look hot/sexy/etc" is not so good, because, if she's good looking, she'll hear it all the time. If she's not, she'll probably like any compliment.

ReputationRep:
    Well I know people who say "yo boom ting u look choong gyal"

ReputationRep:
    I prefer beautiful

ReputationRep:
    Neh, I dont really consider myself 'cute' doesnt seem to sit well with me, and I dont think I've ever been called cute once I went over the age of 13 :laugh:
    Oh shush, you cutey.

ReputationRep:
    cutes just on the line, but waaayyy better when specific to some body/face feature :p:

sexxxxy legs sounds better than 'cute' legs.. now theres a BIG contract b/n the two, no? :p:

cute eyes smile etc is 'nice' but oh so unoriginal and overused.

ReputationRep:
    Depends who it's coming from really. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.

ReputationRep:
    "Cute" is fine. I'd rather be, I dunno, gorgeous.. but I guess "cute" is fine.

ReputationRep:
    I like my men to refer to me as Booberella. Nothing else will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    Oh shush, you cutey.
    :laugh: Well now you've just ruined my record of having not been called cute for 12 years :p:

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: Well now you've just ruined my record of having not been called cute for 12 years :p:
    :awesome:
    That was my intention:p:

ReputationRep:
    weird, if I really like a girl, cute is the only way I'd describe her and all the girls i like i would associate the word cute with.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with cute

ReputationRep:
    Lol - love 'my ***** shield blocks all compliments' :p:

I think it's nice, it's cute in fact :p:

ReputationRep:
    It is ok, I'd rather be called something else but whatever like.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind being called cute
    It's nice to be complimented in some way.

ReputationRep:
    I like it, I like compliments full stop. I prefer something more specific, but I don't have a problem with being called cute; so long as it isn't combined with the cheek pinch.

ReputationRep:
    Quite cute, is just a stock phrase used by guys.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.