Turn on thread page Beta

A question for the laydeez watch

• View Poll Results: Do you like being called 'cute'?
    I like
    52.44%
    I don't like
    7.32%
    I prefer something more specific (eyes/smile/style etc)
    23.17%
    My ***** shield blocks all compliments
    17.07%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I think I'm a bit old to be called 'cute' now TBH :s:
    cara! That's not true :hugs: You're not old, either.

ReputationRep:
    There are so many words in the english language, it just seems a little, unoriginal.
    I got called 'cute' today, and tbh, I really can't see myself as cute; I'm actually far from cute - I'm abrasive and opinionated most of the time, so find it hard to relate to the word cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    cara! That's not true :hugs: You're not old, either.
    Neh, I dont really consider myself 'cute' doesnt seem to sit well with me, and I dont think I've ever been called cute once I went over the age of 13 :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, calling a girl cute, or hot or whatever, is not so good. What I think you should do is tell them why, for example, I like the way your ears wiggle when you smile, it's cute. Or: I like your neck, it's long and elegant, it really suits you.

Note: I know both of these are quite rubbish compliments, I was just giving examples of the style. Saying to a girl, "you look hot/sexy/etc" is not so good, because, if she's good looking, she'll hear it all the time. If she's not, she'll probably like any compliment.

ReputationRep:
    Well I know people who say "yo boom ting u look choong gyal"

ReputationRep:
    I prefer beautiful

ReputationRep:
    Neh, I dont really consider myself 'cute' doesnt seem to sit well with me, and I dont think I've ever been called cute once I went over the age of 13 :laugh:
    Oh shush, you cutey.

ReputationRep:
    cutes just on the line, but waaayyy better when specific to some body/face feature :p:

sexxxxy legs sounds better than 'cute' legs.. now theres a BIG contract b/n the two, no? :p:

cute eyes smile etc is 'nice' but oh so unoriginal and overused.

ReputationRep:
    Depends who it's coming from really. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.

ReputationRep:
    "Cute" is fine. I'd rather be, I dunno, gorgeous.. but I guess "cute" is fine.

ReputationRep:
    I like my men to refer to me as Booberella. Nothing else will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    Oh shush, you cutey.
    :laugh: Well now you've just ruined my record of having not been called cute for 12 years :p:

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: Well now you've just ruined my record of having not been called cute for 12 years :p:
    :awesome:
    That was my intention:p:

ReputationRep:
    weird, if I really like a girl, cute is the only way I'd describe her and all the girls i like i would associate the word cute with.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with cute

ReputationRep:
    Lol - love 'my ***** shield blocks all compliments' :p:

I think it's nice, it's cute in fact :p:

ReputationRep:
    It is ok, I'd rather be called something else but whatever like.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind being called cute
    It's nice to be complimented in some way.

ReputationRep:
    I like it, I like compliments full stop. I prefer something more specific, but I don't have a problem with being called cute; so long as it isn't combined with the cheek pinch.

ReputationRep:
    Quite cute, is just a stock phrase used by guys.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.