Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Just wondering, whether if you mind getting ID'd - and even to go as far as, like being asked for ID because it's like "yeaahh I'm old enough" kind of thing.

Basically because at work when I ask people - they don't seem fussed at all, especially the ones who look younger.

ReputationRep:
    I hate getting ID'd. But I suppose that's cos I'm underage.
    Never have had to use it though! Just hold a packet of cigarettes / smile very nicely when you walk past the bouncers and they're fine. (Always happened with me ) Even my 14 year old sister can go clubbing and just do that.

ReputationRep:
    I dont mind if its like alcohol or something, but i keep getting ID'd to buy lottery tickets recently :eek: Its frigging annoying. I dont look 15 :nope: but overall i dont mind too much

ReputationRep:
    don't get ID'd.
    don't think it'd bother me much, perhaps it'd reassure me that i don't look 50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    I hate getting ID'd. But I suppose that's cos I'm underage.
    Never have had to use it though! Just hold a packet of cigarettes / smile very nicely when you walk past the bouncers and they're fine. (Always happened with me ) Even my 14 year old sister can go clubbing and just do that.
    I hate you...
    (in a nice way )

:clip:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm depends really on what its for, like if I was ID'd for a 15 cert film I'd be pretty annoyed (since I'm nearly 19 and I know for sure that I don't look younger than 15 lol) but for drink and the like, I'm not too bothered cos its mostly the "look 21" thing and obviously its a lot harder for people in the shop/pub to judge, and of course, they have to be more careful with selling 18+ stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    I hate you...
    (in a nice way )

IT BETTER BE IN A NICE WAY.
    -sharpens knife-
    :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't care..doesn't always happen though, even then.
    Though I'd imagine it'd be annoying if I forgot my driving license or something...

ReputationRep:
    I only got ID'd once while still being underage, that annoyed me because I'd wasted my time getting to the bar and it was faintly embarrassing. I don't care when people ID me now I'm old enough though, it just means I look youthful.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I don't mind it, sometimes I do. Odd. Doesn't happen all that often though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    IT BETTER BE IN A NICE WAY.
    -sharpens knife-
    :P
    :shoot:
    Beat ya to it :p:

ReputationRep:
    it's hassle if you're going out with a group of older people and you're the only person underage...
    but overall, although i find it a pain in the ass, i guess i just accept that people are doing their job whether we or they like it or not.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't care. It doesn't offend me and it's not as if I don't have ID so I have nothing to be worried about.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind if I have my ID with me cos I do look young. Kinda annoying that I always have to remember it though but cos I'm always ID'd I never forget it... Lol. If I got ID'd for a 15 I'd be insulted though - being 19 in a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    :shoot:
    Beat ya to it :p:

:eek4: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST DID THAT!
    -cries in a corner-

ReputationRep:
    I went out last night and was asked for ID. I haven't had to use it in ages so I was just a bit taken aback! It was a bit embarrassing since I had to fumble about in my bag for about 5 mins and kept saying 'I do have it, honestly', I could tell the guy didn't think I was going to have one! I don't really mind though, since I'm old enough now

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever been ID'd on a couple of occasions, although I can't say that I particularly minded.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't bother me when people ask nicely. What winds me up is those annoying (usually old) people who glare at you suspiciously as if you're going suddenly confess something. I mean c'mon, I don't look 17. I don't think I even look under 21. And I'm not about to steal something, so give me a break =/

ReputationRep:
    Plus, I forgot about this, you don't want to get off on the wrong foot with the guy who controls the alcohol

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been ID'ed since the day I turned 18. Wish I did though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.