Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by woofums)
    I dont mind if its like alcohol or something, but i keep getting ID'd to buy lottery tickets recently :eek: Its frigging annoying. I dont look 15 :nope: but overall i dont mind too much
    Same here.

I find it extremely annoying too. I mean I went into my local shop and asked for the ticket, but before I could get the ticket I had to tell the lady my date of birth lol . . . Im 22, not 15 - but obv. she thinks im not looking my age, which I suppose is a good thing . . . ish! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not that I've ever been clubbing but when I go to the movies or buy games/movies I kind of expect it although only been ID once when buying an MA 15+ game, I was like I had I ID and the guy was quiet applogetic.

Although it's annoying I know it's the law and I probably do look young for my age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Same here.

I find it extremely annoying too. I mean I went into my local shop and asked for the ticket, but before I could get the ticket I had to tell the lady my date of birth lol . . . Im 22, not 15 - but obv. she thinks im not looking my age, which I suppose is a good thing . . . ish! :p:
    Not if you look under 15 it's not :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Same here.

Im 18 and had to flash my driving licence, but they properly studied it. I was like :eek: you have to be at least 17 to get a provisional, theres a fully fledged licence there.

I also got ID'd when i tried to get £10 i had won on the lottery. that really suprised me. Damn Woolworths lady :rolleyes:

I guess we wont complain when we are old though

ReputationRep:
    I'm used to it...21 on monday but I still look about 16/17

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh good I'm glad people don't mind generally. I really don't mind.

TBH I ID a lot of people simply to save my own skin. The council here are harsh and will take a licence away if they catch you even once serving underage. So I really wouldn't want to be responsible for that!

It's interesting IDing though, the ages of people is sometimes surprising.

ReputationRep:
    When I was underage I minded! Now I'm 18 its not a problem so I dont care.

ReputationRep:
    I got ID'd once...when I passed my driving test and didn't have anything else on me :P

(Original post by Indievertigo)
    Not if you look under 15 it's not :eek:
    . .Hence the ish . . .:rolleyes: :p:

I worked on an ice rink a few years ago and no-one believed me I was 20. In the end my manager had to confirm that I was 20 lol, they all thought I was 18

(Original post by woofums)
    Im 18 and had to flash my driving licence, but they properly studied it. I was like :eek: you have to be at least 17 to get a provisional, theres a fully fledged licence there.

I also got ID'd when i tried to get £10 i had won on the lottery. that really suprised me. Damn Woolworths lady :rolleyes:

I guess we wont complain when we are old though
    LoL I forgot to mention, I got ID'd for Vicks First Defence in Sainsbury's as well - I was like WTF :shock:.

I have found however when I dress down, ie hoody, trainers I get ID'd a lot more, if I go in with heels and abit of boobage on wearing a dress/skirt, more lady like they don't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    I got ID'd to buy that air spray stuff that you clean keyboards with..

stupid. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I get asked quite a lot.

I tend to find that if i look like a tramp i get asked for ID less than if i've made an effort!! I'm sure they think that i'm trying too hard or something :p:

ReputationRep:
    Feels good to not be ID'd, but one comes to expect it really. I ID people at my part-time job, some of whom have DOBs in '87 or younger. Thing is, I've no ****ing idea what a foreign ID looks like, so I just look at the DOB. If it's a fake or real America/Chinese/etc ID I've no idea, but I don't really care. At least I check. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind. I don't really get ID'd often though - which does slightly worry me a bit cause then i think OMG do i look 21!! im only 19!
    Before i was 18 i used to hatee it though, naturally!!

ReputationRep:
    Meh, my student town's pretty lax, never get ID'd I do. If I do it's annoying, but it's not far at all back to my flat that's in town to find my passport - my fave ID-ing clubbish place is less than 200m from home.

Amusingly, there's a bar that gives cheaper student prices - my friend kept being ID'd for being all bearded up and looking too old! Now he's lost the tash they've stopped IDing him...

ReputationRep:
    I've never been ID'd, but I've ID'd a few people at work and been totally wrong. I once ID'd a woman who I thought was under 18, and she was 25 :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, and don't get ID'd much...it was quite funny last friday when I was out:
    Bouncer: How old are you?
    Me: 19
    Bouncer: Do you have ID to prove that?
    Me: Yes. [I don't show anything, literally just say 'yes']
    Bouncer: okay then *waves me past*

I was scared for a moment! I lost my 'ID' when I had my purse stolen, and seeing as I'm 18 on the 29th I didn't see the point in getting a new one! I got my sister to do me a photocopy of my passport with changed dob though just in case until then
    I don't mind in general...hopefully it means I'll look younger when I'm like 40 or something :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been asked for ID since I was 16.. I honestly hate being asked for it. Most people think I'm at least 3 years older than I am.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes get ID'd, sometimes don't. Always have it with me though so doesn't matter. They are just doing their job at the end of the day because it's big trouble if they don't.

ReputationRep:
    i dont mind, i liked it wen i had just turned 18, not so fussed anymore as long as i have my id with me

ReputationRep:
    I always get ID'd, but I always have my ID ready in my hand, so it's a quick process.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.