Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by HCD)
    Feels good to not be ID'd, but one comes to expect it really. I ID people at my part-time job, some of whom have DOBs in '87 or younger. Thing is, I've no ****ing idea what a foreign ID looks like, so I just look at the DOB. If it's a fake or real America/Chinese/etc ID I've no idea, but I don't really care. At least I check. :p:
    Do you accept those ones that you buy off the internet that say 'European Student' or something (fake) ?

ReputationRep:
    I find it flattering

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bother me, I'm glad if they think I look young tbh. Once I turned 18, I'm only too happy to look that age forever

ReputationRep:
    I don't like getting IDed, im almost 21

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overground)
    Do you accept those ones that you buy off the internet that say 'European Student' or something (fake) ?
    Well, so far I've only had Chinese and American ones. Both have been fairly obvious - the American guy was with a load of similarly American friends, and they really obviously weren't 12 year olds putting on accents. The Chinese ones are also fairly obvious, given the nature of the signatures, appearance, etc. I've not had a fake EU one yet. I think I'd recognise one, though. If I saw a convincing ID but the person really looked underage (even though I ID'd the previous people, they looked 19-21 anyway) I'd probably call a supervisor.

ReputationRep:
    When I lived at home, the day the smoking laws changed to 18, me still being 17 walks into the shop I always bought **** from, asked for some. The woman behind the counter asked me if I was 18, so I say yes, and then the postmistress vouches for me, saying that as I used to do a paper round for her, she knows how old I am. There goes 7months of not being ID'd for ****.

I did get ID'd yesterday for a game though. That pissed me off.

ReputationRep:
    End of the day, it's law - they're only doing their job. I don't mind getting ID'd. Most of the time I get my driving licence out when I get money out my wallet anywho...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.