The Student Room Group

Year 14...

So I have finished y13. Have seen my results. Not good. Got CDD. C in maths, D in computer science and D in further maths (doing discrete math and further statistics). I have decided to retake but to walk to school and not get charged I have to study another 3 subjects in a year. I am more than happy with that decision. Those subjects will be the EPQ, IT and core maths. How do I prepare/be ready for all A-levels equally. This gives me a chance to make my future a lot better as well. I am also the only Y14 in the Y12 and Y13 classes now doing what I am supposed to. My class is also a year ahead with the IT and I have to do that A-level.
If everything goes to plan I will have A-levels Polish, IT, Computer Science, Maths, Further Maths and AS-levels criminology, EPQ and core maths. If everything goes to plan then I will have a good CV and future. How do I revise for this and what unis to apply for 2023. I got accepted this year to Nottingham, Leeds and Newcastle but because of my grades they havent accepted me. Thats my situation with subjects so far:
A2 Polish A grade
A2 Further Maths D grade (replacing FS1 unit with FP1-pending grade)
A2 Maths C grade(pending grade)
A2 Computer Science D grade (pending grade (coursework 42/75 will be tweaked to get the marks))
starting A2 IT this year to get a grade so (PENDING) grade
AS criminology B grade
AS EPQ (I will write on Cyber Security)(Starting this year pending grade)
AS core maths (also starting this year;Pending grade)
4 alevels and the 2 as levels in a year will be difficult but I am ready to take the challenge. What unis? Help please with some material to learn from (thank you).

Also do not waste your time on crap guys. Keep working. I made a mistake and now I have to pay for my mistakes. I am now on full gas and you should be. Director of sixth form offered me that and sees potential in me. The teachers and friends believe in me and I hope you all do well this year. Thank you for comments and support. I am still shocked what is happening this year but wow a challenge ha...
(edited 1 year ago)
życzę szczęścia
The EPQ isn't really an A level course - it's just a qualification that gives UCAS points, a lot of universities don't even really consider it. I'm curious - why can't you just resit your old A levels, sorry if you explained it already your post isn't that clear
Original post by CurlyyMM
The EPQ isn't really an A level course - it's just a qualification that gives UCAS points, a lot of universities don't even really consider it. I'm curious - why can't you just resit your old A levels, sorry if you explained it already your post isn't that clear

They said I cannot just resit because I will not get the funding. Therefore I am doing the easiest 3 new courses because then I dont have to pay a single penny for this year. It is an additional year basically and mrs said they cant have me as a comming back student doing same courses because the school will not get the funding to pay for me. Maybe EPQ is useless but it is a qualification and it will be on cyber security so I think its worth my time anyway because I want cyber security as a job in the future and the research with that EPQ will be great. Is not doing 6 subjects in a year a positive thing when going to uni? Handling so much stress?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by yessirski42
życzę szczęścia

Xd, dzieki
Original post by Krzysztof_Poland
They said I cannot just resit because I will not get the funding. Therefore I am doing the easiest 3 new courses because then I dont have to pay a single penny for this year. It is an additional year basically and mrs said they cant have me as a comming back student doing same courses because the school will not get the funding to pay for me. Maybe EPQ is useless but it is a qualification and it will be on cyber security so I think its worth my time anyway because I want cyber security as a job in the future and the research with that EPQ will be great. Is not doing 6 subjects in a year a positive thing when going to uni? Handling so much stress?

Sounds very illogical. Move to another sixth form if you have to but doing 6 A levels at the same time is going to be a headache and nearly impossible with the amount of content in some of them
Original post by User135792468
Sounds very illogical. Move to another sixth form if you have to but doing 6 A levels at the same time is going to be a headache and nearly impossible with the amount of content in some of them

Its going to be fine. Mrs said without pain there is no gain. Everybody is supporting me. The last two years have helped with knowing the three A-levels. I know it sounds mad but I want to do it even though I wont probably get 4a* grades but its worth a try. For maths I just need to finish 5 chapters, further maths they took away further statistics from it so I am more than fine now, for computing I need to practise my answering of the question and do coursework, for IT I have to catch up, EPQ just spend 24/7 finishing quickly as possible (did the computing course work in two weeks and I had 42000 words so its fine), and core maths is a walk through the park, lower than A-level maths. I had to pick those three to study there, I dont want another sixth form because they dont know me. They are happy I am back, I know the teachers, friends, I just need to get through the pain but withiut it there is no gain. I am highly motivated and I am catching up now because I joined two days ago to sixth form as I was on holiday from Poland waiting for the driving licence to get printed

Quick Reply

Latest