Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The nicest thing your boyfriend/girlfriend/friend/family has ever done for you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    LOl, i'd love that too actually ! :p:
    Haha yeah, I'd keep turning my head to keep from him seeing me smile.

Gosh, I was stubborn. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My mum put me on the Prince's Trust 12 week self-development course when I was 16 years old, and my life was going rapidly downhill, and it saved my life completely. I didn't know it at the time but in hindsight, it's incredible to think of the profound impact a 12 week period has had on my life.

I even wrote a letter to Prince Charles to thank him for saving my life (he started the Prince's Trust), but I often forget that it was my mother who put me on it. As a result of doing that course 5 years ago, I've gone to college and university, and got a Law degree. I've done loads of voluntary work, worked at Walt Disney World in America and sailed with the Tallships Youth Trust in Norway.

Fiona Phillips wrote an article about me in the Daily Mirror Newspaper after I had contacted her, explaining how the course had changed my life, and this too has opened doors for me. (Incidentally, I'm going to get a mention in her newspaper column in todays Daily Mirror-Saturday 15th November).

I've been asked to become an ambassador for the Prince's Trust and through their contacts, they have secured a two week work placement for me at a very big Law firm in Manchester in December. (Legal work experience is very hard to come by so for me to be handed it on a plate is very special). Moreover, I've been given the opportunity to write an article for the Metro Newspaper and it will be published this Monday, in the health section. (Monday 17th November.)

So out of that one act, of my mother putting me on the Prince's Trust, my whole life has been changed completely, it saved my life back then and it's continuing to open doors for me to today. The best part of it is, I'm still young and I've still got alot more to achieve, my main goal in life, is to just keep on adding even more amazing chapters to it. We only get one shot so why not? I also want to be the best ambassador that I can be for the Trust and I figure the best way to do that is to lead by example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libertine861)
    My mum put me on the Prince's Trust 12 week self-development course when I was 16 years old, and my life was going rapdily downhill, and it saved my life completely. I didn't know it at the time but in hindsight, it's incredible to think of the profound impact a 12 week period has had on my life.

I even wrote a letter to Prince Charles to thank him for saving my life (he started the Prince's Trust), but I often forget that it was my mother who put me on it. As a result of doing that course 5 years ago, I've gone to college and university, and got a Law degree. I've done loads of voluntary work, worked at Walt Disney World in America and sailed with the Tallships Youth Trust in Norway.

Fiona Phillips wrote an article about me in the Daily Mirror Newspaper after I had contacted her, explaining how the course had changed my life, and this too has opened doors for me. (Incidentally, I'm going to get a mention in her newspaper column in todays Daily Mirror-Saturday 15th November).

I've been asked to become an ambassador for the Prince's Trust and through their contacts, they have secured a two week work placement for me at a very big Law firm in Manchester in December. (Legal work experience is very hard to come by so for me to be handed it on a plate is very special). Moreover, I've been given the opportunity to write an article for the Metro Newspaper and it will be published this Monday, in the health section. (Monday 17th November.)

So out of that one act, of my mother putting me on the Prince's Trust, my whole life has been changed completely, it saved my life back then and it's continuing to open doors for me to today. The best part of it is, I'm still young and I've still got alot more to achieve, my main goal in life, is to just keep on adding even more amazing chapters to it. We only get one shot so why not? I also want to be the best ambassador that I can be for the Trust and I figure the best way to do that is to lead by example.

what is the prince trust?

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend :love: bought me a dressing gown (first time I'd spent the night at hers, I borrowed her dressing gown and was hooked, despite never liking them before. she also left me a little hand written note in the pocket. was so nice of her, and totally unexpected too.

ReputationRep:
    ok well there are too many things that my family does, and i am too lazy,

but i have this one friend who is like my other half, same name and everything but she moved away. Everyday we chat and quite simply she cares. I can talk to her about anything and she will listen, she will make sure i am ok if she knows even a tiny thing had happened. Might not sound much but when you have had a many backstabbing, horrible 'friends' as i have made my way through it means alot, basically she is the best friend i could ever hope for. I miss not seeing her everyday though

ReputationRep:
    When I was in sixth form I mentioned to my friend that I'd never been bought flowers. Come my 18th birthday I had a beautiful bunch of roses (as well as the earrings and charm bracelet that everyone clubbed together to buy me) aww!

Also my mum and dad were away on holiday when I got my A-level results, it turned out they'd secretly arranged for my brother who was still at home to order me a big bunch of flowers. When there was a knock on the door my brother told me to answer it, I grumpily asked why I had to get it, reluctantly went to open the door and there was a delivery guy with a giant bouquet. Felt really bad about being grumpy once I understood!

My boyfriend changed his plans to go to London to study after his degree and instead stayed with me in Sheffield to do a masters, because we didnt want to be apart from each other. I think thats pretty nice :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dark<>horizon)
    what is the prince trust?
    It's a charity set up by Prince Charles, they do a 12 week self-development course for 16-25 year olds, mostly from disadvantaged or criminal backgrounds but it isn't a pre-requisite. Indeed, many employers send their staff on the course.

You can find out more on their website:

http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/

They do more things than what I mentioned, but that is my own personal experience.

ReputationRep:
    The nicest thing my brother and sister ever did was one night I had been at my ex boyfriends and he had been abusive to me and locked me in the house, and left me, so I climbed out of the window but he had also taken all my money and everything. So I phoned my brother and he and my sister got on three buses late at night to come and bring me home. And they bought me cigarettes.

My parents hav done loads of nice things, but the one that stands out was the time I went to Milton Keynes and somehow ended up with no money or anywhere to stay so I was sleeping in the bus station but the police came and moved me away and I didn't know what to do so I phoned them and they drove all the way from Leeds to Milton Keynes and back.

Nicest thing my boyfriend has done has propsed to me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.