The Student Room Group

psychology a level 12 mark/16mark essay help please ( behaviorist approach)

For AO1 , after outlining what behaviorist approach, im gonna talk about classical and operant conditioning BUT do i talk about pavlov and skinner box IN the first few paragraphs so the A01 or do i talk about in A03 which is the evaluation. im so confused.
Im year 2 psych and i'd answer it as such:

A01: Outline (6 marks)

Behaviourist believe ____ (clean slate, everything is learned and can be unlearned)
There are two types of behaviourism, classical and operant conditioning
Classical, as shown by Ivan Pavlov blablabla (mention dog experiment, learning through association)
Operant, as shown by B.F Skinner (mention the rats and the box, learning through reinforcement blablabla)

A03: Evaluate (10 marks)

+Objective/Scientific- uses measurable and observable factors
+Support: Watson+Rayner(1920)'s study on Little Albert supports this study
-Deterministic: only focuses on measurable behaviours, could suffer from observer bias, ignores internal cognition
-Ethics: uses animals, ethical dilemma, BUT it is cost-effective to learn from these animals

This is what I'd write (AQA)

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by adamdodda3
Im year 2 psych and i'd answer it as such:

A01: Outline (6 marks)

Behaviourist believe ____ (clean slate, everything is learned and can be unlearned)
There are two types of behaviourism, classical and operant conditioning
Classical, as shown by Ivan Pavlov blablabla (mention dog experiment, learning through association)
Operant, as shown by B.F Skinner (mention the rats and the box, learning through reinforcement blablabla)

A03: Evaluate (10 marks)

+Objective/Scientific- uses measurable and observable factors
+Support: Watson+Rayner(1920)'s study on Little Albert supports this study
-Deterministic: only focuses on measurable behaviours, could suffer from observer bias, ignores internal cognition
-Ethics: uses animals, ethical dilemma, BUT it is cost-effective to learn from these animals

This is what I'd write (AQA)

Hope this helps :smile:

thank you so much, just started year 12 this is perfect. I think were writing one tomorrow and my teacher just rushed through the essay plan. THANK YOU!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest