The Student Room Group

is it worth reapplying for the same degree after i failed first yr

i failed first yr so have been kicked off my course. got rly good a level grades (A*A*AA) but obviously now ive failed uni, i dont know if its worth applying for the same degree or if unis wont accept me because i already failed once. should i not bother doing the same degree and figure out something else i want to do?
definitely don't apply to the same uni to do the same course. However, perhaps the course was not right for you. Consider a different line perhaps.
Just another average TSR user here, not sure if you can reapply, but I think it's really up to you, you haven't given enough information to work with. Why did you fail first year?
Original post by Anonymous
Just another average TSR user here, not sure if you can reapply, but I think it's really up to you, you haven't given enough information to work with. Why did you fail first year?

failed two modules, resat in summer and passed one, failed one so couldnt progress to second year
Original post by mike23mike
definitely don't apply to the same uni to do the same course. However, perhaps the course was not right for you. Consider a different line perhaps.

ofc not for the same uni (they defo would reject me lol) but for other unis, idk if they would accept me cos i failed rather than it just being that i dropped out voluntarily
If it's still the course you want to do, then yes, you can apply to other universities for the same course. Modules could be different, as will the staff and support they provide. It could have been that that university and the way that course was run didn't quite work for you, but that could be different elsewhere.

A good thing to do would be to speak with the relevant admission team at other universities (For example, health admissions, education admissions, home admissions) to check if you could be accepted if you apply. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, seeing as you want to apply for first year and not second year. If you were applying for second year then I believe that they would not accept you, but for entry into first year, you'll already have more knowledge of the course than a lot of people being accepted onto the course, and applying for it shows that you are passionate about that subject and can surpass obstacles.

I hope this helps you.

- Rosie
Do you understand WHY you failed and have a plan in place to prevent that happening again?

You can definitely reapply to restart your degree elsewhere after leaving your course. You have to declare your first year study on your application along with your A levels and GCSEs. It’s likely that you’ll be asked for a transcript so I would recommend that you include your module results (including the failed module) in your original application. That will protect you from having your application withdrawn due to providing misleading information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending