Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, would you give a guy you don't know well a big smile Watch

• View Poll Results: Girls, would you give a guy you don't know well a big smile?
    Yes
    80.43%
    No
    19.57%

ReputationRep:
    im generally happy most of the time, so i smile once i get eyecontact, but it doesnt necessarily mean im flirting so best to see if the person is flirting too!

ReputationRep:
    If it was someone at school who I saw around a lot and were in my lessons then yes I would smile at them if our eyes met otherwise it would just be awkward.

I wouldn't just randomly smile at someone if I'd never ever spoke to them though.

I dont give people big smiles :p: But I do smile back at strangers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    I give lots of people smiles if I'm feeling friendly. 95% of the time I don't mean anything by it.
    :ditto:

i usually walk down the street with a smile on my face. im happy so why not?

ReputationRep:
    Yes but not just guys, I smile at women too. I try to be friendly! Also I work in a shop so have to smile all day at strangers.

ReputationRep:
    I pretty much give everyone a well big smile.

ReputationRep:
    i smile at everyone, regardless of knowing them or not Actually i dont smile at big groups of people who you know their next comment will be 'What yo lookin' at ****'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    She doesn't fancy you. Let it go.
    LOL

+1

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between a flirty smile and a mundane public transport smile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Germi)
    All the girls are suggesting that they would give a big smile to someone they fancy.
    All? I didn't say that. I said I smile at everyone if I'm happy. This even, shockhorror, includes people I do not want to be in relationships with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny_777)
    LOL

+1
    Another jealous little kid. LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kink)
    I smile at everyone and anyone that I meet. Nobody knows it, but I've got a secret smile and I use it only for special people.
    :flute: Nobody knows it...but I've got a secret smile... etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erradhadh)
    If I'm in a particularly good mood, then it's very obvious - I exhibit general good will to the world at large.

Usually though, even though I'm a happy person generally, I'll at most give a half-smile to people I meet and vaguely know, and people I simply pass I ignore.
    This

ReputationRep:
    Why not? I smile at everyone, dont think it counts lol
    if he was goodlooking (at which i have someone in mind) the yeahhhh lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinty)
    I give strangers smiles sometimes. Its nice to be smiled at. Especially if you're feeling down.

I've also given flirty smiles to guys in the street along with eye contact.

It just makes you feel good =)
    I smile all the time caus im usually im a pretty good mood, but to smile randomly at strangers could seem a bit creepy!! lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Germi)
    Are you just jealous? All the girls are suggesting that they would give a big smile to someone they fancy.
    Yes. Yes, I am.

The fact of the matter, which you seem persistently unable to grasp, is that similar conduct can manifest itself in different people for quite disparate reasons: they are not mathematical equations or algebraic formulae whose decryption is as straightforward as factoring variables or 'solving for x'; and, given your history, I instinctively doubt that such behaviour with respect to you would be in any way indicative of romantic attraction.

It makes sense because I do the same thing. In this regard, male and female are similar.
    I wonder whether Freud would approve that logic.

ReputationRep:
    if he's hot why not? you never know what might come out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    i smile at everyone and everything, because im a happy person

ReputationRep:
    yes, but i'm just stupidly friendly, it would be more bizarre to find me not smiling at you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.