Turn on thread page Beta

a guy i like flirts with me then seems not keen. not sure if its mixed signals cos he jus a flirt or if wen it comes to girls hes really shy. hes definitely straight

he randomly drew on my wrist and my arm while in a pub, calls me a nickname that he knows annoys me, lol is that a => sign of flirting??

he smart, witty and confident...i wish hed just tell me wot he thinking....lol
    im really shy and afraid to tell hiim in case he jus says no/laughs or makes our group of friends uncomfortable to hang out with....any ideas, suggestion etc are appreciated

ive known him for ages and we get on so wel...anyways like i said help! lol
    <3

ReputationRep:
    aye guys tend to "annoy! wen they like, the drawing things sounds flirtatious and u friends? suggest cinema or sumthing on nites th other friends cant make?? x

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Definitely sounds like flirting, albeit slightly juvenile...

Although he seems a bit playful, one of those 'thrill of the chase' lovers. I'd flirt back but keep him on his toes.

yeah i know what you mean abot juevnile...found out hes never had a gf...so thinkin thats maybe why?hes more playful/unsure how to act around girls?

he seems confident...gets all shy around girls.

hes into history and jus not typical footie etc stuff....and works alot. hes not my usual type but theres just something abot him

ReputationRep:
    Ah, shy around girls. That's endearing. Yes it's likely that he doesn't know how to act around girls and therefore treats them as playfully as boys, *praying* that you'll somehow find it sexy. Unfortunately after the age of 18 this rarely works (well, in my opinion).

But luckily for him you find something intriguing in him. So what are you asking exactly, OP? It's pretty much obvious he likes you.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like he is play flirting OP

Is a guy offering you a sip of his drink flirting? Or did he just want you to have a taste of it

My friend got offered a drink by this guy she is crazy about tonight and she is very happy about his gesture. I just think he offered her a drink and its nothing important. I am a pessimist anyway

its like im aware hes flirting and i flirt back..but given th chance to kiss/ask out he just doesnt....just asking wot u thought?

u think he just shy cos i wasnt sure if it was cos he jus a flirt.

guy offering sip of drink ? i didnt write that? but i had a shot and didnt like it and he let me have sum of his drink to get the taste of sambuca away? yet again he jus being nice or flirty?

if he so shy? any ideas to how i can make it clear i like hiim apart from actually saying it?

ReputationRep:
    the drink thing for your friend (two comments above) wel its ....progress? she lieks the guy let her be happy...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History_rocks)
    the drink thing for your friend (two comments above) wel its ....progress? she lieks the guy let her be happy...lol
    :p: I know. She just spoke about him the whole time on the bus home. She is also spending the night at mine and is still talking about him. I am considering smothering her with a pillow :p:

Nah I'm happy for her really. AT least they got to that stage today. The first two times he just sort of stared at her like a lot and looked dumbfounded and slightly scared when she spoke

ReputationRep:
    lol...awww bless ....just let her talk n pretend to listen,lol

thats gd she gt to stage considering the first times they spoke.

any clear hints/body language/sign that means i defo know he likes me?

jus confused abot if he does/flirty? altho he seems 2 like me...its jus confusing, u know

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if he acts a bit more anxious around you. If he talks more, probably says more stupid things than he normally would with his mates. At the beginning men tend to be very socially awkward with girls. You start to develop a nack for it once you get a bit of experience, but since he has non. There you go. If he does act anxious and talk alot etc, maybe you can try asking him out. that type of behaviour indicates hes very insecure and too afraid to ask you out because he might be rejected. So you take the first step. Plus guys find it sexy when girls take the first step. At least i do :P ( it shows they know what they want.. as opposed to some girls always wanting the opposite of what they have which is a turnoff )

yeah we i do hit out with stupid random things and he'll carry on the conversation or jus say sumthin really silly, and is not as confident once his pals arent near him. so i think you right

how do i ask him? withouth jus sayin it so he doesnt freak/panic? any suggestions?....cos id be tempted too imply and maybe get enuff courage too...maybe....

ReputationRep:
    im keeping track of too many threads, just message me, dont worry i just moved to this country and im new at TSR, i couldnt possibly give you away.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.