The Student Room Group

Surrey/HarperKeele/UcLan Nightlife!

Hi!

I’m applying to study vet med at Bristol, Nottingham and RVC for definite. For my last option I’m really struggling to pick between Surrey, HK and UcLan.

I’m curious as to whether any of these three have a decent nightlife? As I know none are in big cities and I’ve heard they’re a bit rubbish.
Or if there are any other factors that I should consider?

Of course nightlife isn’t the deciding factor but it’s definitely a bonus that would help me choose as I don’t want to be stuck in a boring uni for 5 years :/

Is one of these options easier to get into? I could maybe use my last option as a safety net :smile:

Would appreciate advice/info on any uni mentioned!

Thanks in advance,
Liv
Original post by Liv_dyb
Hi!

I’m applying to study vet med at Bristol, Nottingham and RVC for definite. For my last option I’m really struggling to pick between Surrey, HK and UcLan.

I’m curious as to whether any of these three have a decent nightlife? As I know none are in big cities and I’ve heard they’re a bit rubbish.

Of course nightlife isn’t the deciding factor but it’s definitely a bonus that would help me choose as I don’t want to be stuck in a boring uni for 5 years :/

Is one of these options easier to get into? I could maybe use my last option as a safety net :smile:

Thanks in advance,
Liv

I would defo not say any are easier to get into, but the HK application process seems 'nicer'. Apparently the interview is more of a chat. I applied to Surrey last year and didnt make it past the SJT as my score was too low
Cant say anything for Uclan as it's new but I've heard they heavily look at your personal statement & school reference, so if they're good that'll be a massive help to your application there
Original post by Liv_dyb
Hi!

Thanks in advance,
Liv

Go to Surrey. Apparently decent nightlife and also close to London.
I have heard the nightlife for Surrey students is decent - although the living costs in this area are quite high, so that's something you may consider as well. :smile:
Original post by Liv_dyb
Hi!

Thanks in advance,
Liv

Hi! I'm a first year at Surrey and whilst I personally don't go out much, there are several clubs in Guildford as well as the on campus nightclub as well and I know plenty of people who do enjoy the nightlife here. London is also a £15 return train ticket (with a railcard) away so that's always a possibility as well!
Original post by Liv_dyb
Hi!

Thanks in advance,
Liv

Hey Liv,

Thanks for expresssing interest in studying with us. There is a bustling nightlife in Preston with a selection of nightclubs and a good amount of bars and pubs! If you want to get a more well rounded view of living in Preston overall you can watch this short campaign video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI_lco-qdw8

For nightclubs there is:

Switch - which is popular amung students
https://www.facebook.com/switchpreston/

Warehouse - Alternative music and popular amung students
https://www.facebook.com/warehousepreston/

Baluga - More upmarket but offer student prices/discounts
https://www.facebook.com/balugabar

Preston is also based super close to the larger cities like Manchester and Liverpool which you could go for day drinks and get the last train home or stop over!

I hope this has helped paint a picture of Preston's nightlife to aid your desicion making.

Thanks,

Hollie :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest